Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#769 · (Edited)
I love your car!!! Especially the paint, that is the only car I've ever seen with a color shifting brown paint job. I've never seen a brown car with that much depth and pop in the paint like yours. I'm also a sucker for pillar-less four doors like yours. I love the Coupe Deville in its own right, but the Sedan just looks way more formal, elegant, and stays truer to my traditional ideal of a Cadillac.

#782 ·
Thanks Sting, I like it!

The wire rims are a pain to keep clean, but that's what old toothbrushes are for!

I want to get some whitewalls on it, but the tires are brand new, so doesn't make sense right now. To me it doesn't look right without them. LOL, the blackwalls make it the 'sport' version.

#783 ·
^Love that whore house red leather:D:lildevil::D:lildevil:

I think Cadillac offered two shades of red paint for the 90-92's. I've seen a burgandy/dark one like yours, then they offered a lighter bright red metallic with a lot of flake in it. The bright red is sear your retinas red, its really loud and in your face.

#786 ·
That is a beautiful paint job. I hate the red interiors, but to each his own. The fact that it is a d'Elegance makes up for it a little bit. :)

#787 ·
In my experience there are two different 'red' interiors. Mine is an oxblood colour...like an old pair of Bass loafers. I like it...it reminds me of the shoes I had to have in highschool.

The OTHER Cadillac Red interior that I've seen (and hate) is the shocking, bright red leather that Cadillac used with white cars. I've seen several Broughams on Ebay with a white exterior and the horrible bright read interior.

#794 ·
The '70 got scrapped. It fell apart piece by piece, but the motor lives on in my '81 CDV. I really regret junking that interior. Oh, and the steering wheel is on my tractor. The '87 I sold because of tranny issues and I bought a '95 SDV. It's now on the "north side" of town with 24" wheels on it. I wish I still had that one too.