Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! - Page 203
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 223 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3331
Like Tree1595Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by jamespowers I didn't want to touch that part. lol lol Yes. Shore bound this weekend in the ...
    turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    I didn't want to touch that part. lol lol
    Yes. Shore bound this weekend in the limo :-) Send up offerings to the water pump gods...
    talismandave likes this.

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post
    Yes. Shore bound this weekend in the limo :-) Send up offerings to the water pump gods...
    It will make it---I think.
    turbojimmy likes this.

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Headed out in the morning. Going to a surprise b-day party for a friend that lives on the water. Car is going to be tough to hide. I'll try to get good pics.
    talismandave likes this.

Smobien is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 91' Brougham 5.7

caddy1.jpg
    Just picked this up. 91' 5.7 Brougham. Changed the alternator and I've been driving it to work. Hopefully won't become a money pit.

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Smobien View Post
    Attachment 135233
    Just picked this up. 91' 5.7 Brougham. Changed the alternator and I've been driving it to work. Hopefully won't become a money pit.
    I think you will be just fine. Good engine/transmission platform and a good body style. You should be fine.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Great looking classic Cadillac design. You should be well served and thrilled with it!
    Smobien likes this.

Jeppi94 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cadllac Brougham

DSC_4156.jpg

An update on my 89 Brougham after owning her for about 1,5months!

to do:

change TPS, O2 sensor and a stuck wiper switch. Otherwise she's running like a clock in engine and transmission!

Beautiful car, beautiful shot!

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

Be careful when changing the TPS. you have to take the top of the carb off (assuming you have a 307) and then put it back down perfectly. Do it very gently.

I also recommend holding down the TPS plunger with a putty knife while putting the top of the carb back on, otherwise you may brake the little plastic plunger off (i broke 2 that way...dang.) once the top is back on and in place pull out the putty knife before tightening the top down.

You may also need to get a special tool to adjust the TPS. It was kind of tough to find. Let me know if you need more info and I can try to find you a link to it. I believe I posted some info in this forum about it at one point.

I've bought Haynes Rochester Quadrajet manual and a 1989 Cadillac Brougham Workshop Repair manual, i will read through the parts concerning the TPS in both of them. They Haynes manual shall show a step by step guide on how to dissamble and assamble a rochester quadrjaet. However that special tool, is it for adjusting TPS voltage?

Yes it is. You have to drill out a plug (if the tps has never been adjusted) and then this little tool reaches into the hole and turns the little adjusting screw. It's a very small hex type head. This is what it looked like.

http://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDi...gle&kw=OTC7667

ok, I've heard it can be done with a spring pin too. Anyway, i've got a brand new AC Delco TPS which i'm going to install, will it need to be configured too?

most likely it will need to be adjusted. You will need to check the voltage range to know for sure, though. Your book should have testing instructions but basically you need to hook your multimeter up and run the throttle (car off) from 0 to WOT and the range should be within the specs. The new TPS should have a spec sheet for different cars.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Hello everyone. Here is my back story with this beauty.

My first car was a hand me down 1997 Nissan Altima. That car is still kicking and has just recently become my little sister's first car.
    In my neighborhood, which is Whitestone, a nice area in Queens, NY for those who don't know I saw this car parked on the street with a for sale sign. It was the spring of 2010. I fell in love and had to have it. $7500 later, this 79 Coupe Deville became the first car (of many) I bought. I was still living with my parents so my dad helped me clean out the garage which until that point had been a storage mess. It's a 1 and a half car garage. The car still sits there today. It's the carburetor engine, not the EFI.

From the research I've done, this was a special package called the D'Marchand package. It was a 1979 only option that had the black and silver with the red pinstripe in between. Seats are grey with black inserts, the grey and black being separated by red piping. Estimates range from 200 to around 1000 sold with this option. On one side of the landau roof is a Coupe Deville badge, and on the other is an "Islander" badge. The car was originally sold at Raines Cadillac in Long Island, NY. My understanding is that the "islander" badge is a dealer thing. In different regions of the country, dealers called it different things, including Bill Blass. The landau roof is originally grey, but over the years has been replaced with the black. The car was repainted the original color by a body shop in Bayside, Queens in 2005. The shop was the same place the nearby BMW dealership sent BMWs for bodywork, so it was done with the BMW black and silver paint. The paint job is excellent. The carpeting is supposed to be grey but the previous owner, Jeff Henderson replaced it with black. He was 78 in 2010 when I bought the car. When the car was repainted, the designed pinstripe stuff on the trunklid was painted over I believe, and the lamp indicators on the front fenders didn't show because black paint covered the lens. I've fixed that last problem already. I had the undercarriage sprayed with this rubber compound. The rear air suspension was converted to conventional by the previous owner. When the rear suspension dies, I plan to revert back to air unless you guys recommend otherwise. Since I've owned the car it hasn't touched rain, and it never will again. It stays in the garage when not being driven.

Later that summer I went on active duty in the army. Whenever I go back home, I drive the car around. My dad drives it every once in a while to keep it going. I'll be coming off active duty to head back home for good in June of 2014. I'll be able to dedicate more of my time to taking care of the little things on the car when that happens.

Hopefully I'll make some nice money so I'll have a lot of the green stuff to throw at it to make it perfect. Now from the pics it looks pretty impressive, I know. And the outside is quite nice. A lot of pitting on the front bumper and slight pitting on the rear. All the chrome could use a little love to be honest, but I'm a perfectionist. The inside is a 5.5/10. The previous owner put the CD player in but he gave me the 8 track player and even an optional cassette player. The driver's seat leather has been replaced in recent time, but the rest of the seats could use the same. I haven't dug into this, but I have reason to believe that in order to restore the electronics on this car, I'm going to need to give it to someone who specializes in the car and I'm going to have to pay him a pretty penny.

Anyway, I'm pretty active on the STS and STS-V forums and just about every time I do anything, I ask for advice, so you'll be hearing from me a lot, especially when I get back home and start to work on the car. I look forward to talking more with you guys.
    Attached Images

Gorgeous car!
    You just think it's waiting in the garage at home...dad's driving the wheels off it as we speak!

Stay safe and get home and rescue that beauty from dad.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.