Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! - Page 194
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 194 of 225 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3375
Like Tree1669Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Stunning car, beautiful setting, great photos!...
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

Stunning car, beautiful setting, great photos!

JamesC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham (sold), 1993 Fleetwood Brougham

Wow Cadillac Giovanni, that is beautiful. Very lovely. I really need to get whitewalls for mine.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Beautiful car, Giovanni! It's nice to see some shots of your great find!

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Classy lady you got there Cadillac Giovanni. That car was destined to be yours. The timing couldn't have been more ideal.

A few weeks ago, I washed mine then went over it with clay, polish, and two coats of Carnauba wax. My neighbor came over and just could not believe she had 117k on the clock and was nearly 17 years old. I also cleaned and conditioned the vinyl top. I'm going to wait to polish the chrome after the rub trim is painted. Eventually, I'll replace the exhaust and ditch the vogues.

Cadillac Giovanni is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I'm really enjoying the car so far. Especially all the horsies under the hood. After 8 years with a lethargic 307, it feels good to cut loose and lay some rubber!

I used Mother's 3 Step "Ultimate Wax system", which is a cleaner, a polish, then carnauba wax. It works well. Since then, every weekend, I wash it, use spray detailer to take off any road grime or water spots, and I clean and condition the seats, dashboard and vinyl top along with 303 vinyl protectant. We'll see how long before I get bored with the continual maintenance and lapse to a once-a-month schedule.

Thing is, I took great care of my old Brougham, probably one of the reasons it lasted me so long, but the previous owners... not so much. I only got the car for 1k, so I can't complain, but most of it was pretty beat. It's nice to be cleaning and maintaining a car for once without fighting a losing battle.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by 57eldoking View Post
    Not the first US road trip by a long shot... We shipped our 57 Biarritz back to the US in 2006 after completing a 16 year body off restoration. Together with 17 other car guys also from Norway we spent 3 weeks driving Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica, CA. The cars were then shipped back to Norway, quite a few pictures available at www.cruise66.com.

I actually used the FWB on a recon trip for another tour I'm organizing this summer. We're crossing the US from NYC to San Francisco on the nation's first transcontinental highway: The Lincoln Highway which celebrates its 100th anniversary this summer. Currently we have 85 cars signed up for this tour including 25 Cadillacs. We have atleast one of every Eldorado from 1954-1960 represented! More info on this trip on www.lh2013.com
    Wow! Very cool trip. I finally had a chance to look over your two links.

First thing, My God...your 57 is possibly the most beautiful Cadillac I have ever seen. That was sixteen years well spent!

Other than that, all the cars on your tour were beautiful. I bet you were all celebrities everywhere you went. I looked over the plan for this years trip and if I read it right you will overnight in Chicago on the 9th of July. I am off on Tue and may just have to see if I can make it down to meet some of your group and see their beautiful cars.
    If there were a place and time that a number of you would be together in one spot, perhaps some other forum members would like to stop by.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcaddybuyer View Post
    Eventually, I'll replace the exhaust and ditch the vogues.
    Why are you ditching the vogues? Is there something wrong with them, or are they just worn? I like the way they look, but I've heard they wear poorly.

caddywarewood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 cadillac deville

[QUOTE=Cadillac Giovanni;3299095]Why are you ditching the vogues? Is there something wrong with them, or are they just worn? I like the way they look, but I've heard they wear poorly

if not i will take them off your hand for an nice price

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Giovanni View Post
    Why are you ditching the vogues? Is there something wrong with them, or are they just worn? I like the way they look, but I've heard they wear poorly.
    They ride alright but the tires on the other FWB ride better. I don't like how the whitewall is directly around the rim and has raised arrows and lettering. The whitewalls on my other are solid and spaced a little out from the rim and its just a cleaner look. The gold ring around the outside of the whitewall just looks out of place to me on a black car with chrome. Since the tires are nearly new I will keep them, but when the time comes to replace I will go with a different look. I'm not hating on vogues, just not a fan of the design the previous owner chose. She's still my favorite though.

Ride quality trumps looks for me, anyday. What are you running on your other Fleetwood, just out of curiousity? I'm taking notes for my next set of fresh tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Giovanni View Post
    Ride quality trumps looks for me, anyday. What are you running on your other Fleetwood, just out of curiousity? I'm taking notes for my next set of fresh tires.
    On the 'other' 96 FWB: Champiro 75 GT Radial All Season (1 1/8 Whitewall)

On the Black 96: Vogue Tyre Custom Built VII Wide Trac Touring

outsider is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

I have some Champiro 75's on my 69 Caddy. Only rode on them once or twice but they ran pretty good. HOpefully put some more miles on them this summer: )

I took the STS in for service and while there a guy pulled up in an identical triple black 96 FWB. It was in excellent shape and had the tow package but no Astro. I noticed the tires and went over to see what he was running. They were Michelin and had a 1 3/4 whitewall. I asked where he got them and he said they were custom made by a specialty shop. He bought the tires and then they added the whitewall. Good to know I can run Michelin and choose the size of the whitewall.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcaddybuyer View Post
    I took the STS in for service and while there a guy pulled up in an identical triple black 96 FWB. It was in excellent shape and had the tow package but no Astro. I noticed the tires and went over to see what he was running. They were Michelin and had a 1 3/4 whitewall. I asked where he got them and he said they were custom made by a specialty shop. He bought the tires and then they added the whitewall. Good to know I can run Michelin and choose the size of the whitewall.
    I'm curious what exactly he was running. According to their site, Michelin doesn't make any tires to fit the Fleetwood's original size anymore. Perhaps he was using a narrower tire like a 225, or just something older.

I believe it was an X Radial 215.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.