Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! - Page 193
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 227 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3403
Like Tree1719Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by RockBottom The other illustrates what I need to do most of the time I'm cruising the car. ...
    bigm57ict is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1979 Coupe deVille

Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    The other illustrates what I need to do most of the time I'm cruising the car.
    That is a familiar sight.

I like your license plate, also.
    It's always nice to see an old Caddy being cared for so well. I'm sure your mother is happy with her decision to pass it on to you.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 57eldoking View Post
    My 82 FWB last summer infront of the Golden Gate. Bought it in Redlands, CA last summer and drove it 7000 miles across the U.S before shipping it home to Norway from Baltimore! HT4100 performed flawlessly!
    I love the whitewalls! I bet that car stands out in Norway even more than here.

57eldoking is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 57 Eldo Biarritz, 76 Eldo Conv, 82 FWB, 83 DeVille, 94 STS

It does, the 57 Biarritz turns most heads though

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Wow! Three beautiful proper Cadillacs all in the proper white Cadillac color!
    Talismandave approves!

Let's keep this streak going!

Quote Originally Posted by 57eldoking View Post
    Attachment 107001

My 82 FWB last summer infront of the Golden Gate. Bought it in Redlands, CA last summer and drove it 7000 miles across the U.S before shipping it home to Norway from Baltimore! HT4100 performed flawlessly!
    What a great way to get to know your new car. Sounds like a good time. Was this your first road trip in the US? If you are up to it you could start a road trip thread about your adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiMan View Post
    I actually do have the see through d'elegance hood ornament, when they switched it out, they put the original one in the box the wreath and crest came in and threw it in the glove box.

The prior owner had them put the FWB stuff on it when he first bought it because he said he liked how it looked alot better. And Unfortunately, The one other thing he modified was that he had them take out the shoulder belts and replace the headliner too, so i only have the lap belts installed... He did give me the original dismantled shoulder belts and their plastic covers, but i havent gotten around to putting them in because i'm dreading having to take a razor blade to the headliner in order to make holes for them.... yikes! I may just do without them even though it's not the safest option....
    I am going without the shoulder belts when I get mine done. I figure I will be able to slide, hoping the cops are young enough to not know if 74 had them or not!

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Hi guys/gals,

Been lurking for a while so I thought my first post would be a couple pics of my Caddy. It's a 1992 Brougham d'Elegance, 60k miles, gold emblem package, moon roof, white w/antelope interior.

My mother was the original purchaser from Don Massey Cadillac in Plymouth, Michigan, back in January '92. It was her 9th Cadillac. After buying her first Caddy, she usually bought a new one every other year until the '93 Broughams came out (she didn't like the new rounder body). So, she kept this one for 21 years. When my father became wheelchair-bound about 11 years ago, a van (with wheelchair ramps) was purchased and became the family daily driver, leaving the Caddy in the garage virtually undriven and accounting for the low mileage.

I came into possession of the car after mom decided to give it to me during my last visit to Detroit. Since I'm the car guy in the family, she knew I would take care of her baby. I arranged for a company to pick it up and it was delivered here in San Diego 3 days later...the same day my father unexpectedly passed away.

Over the last few months, I've detailed the exterior, interior, rear end, engine & wheelwells, replaced the front shocks, replaced the front sway bar bushings with poly (big improvement in handling). Also replaced the entire exhaust system from the manifolds back including a new Magnaflow converter (I barley passed California emissions with the old original). The "gold" on the original emblems has tarnished over the years, so I've bought all new emblems, which have yet to be installed.

One pic is from my first car show. The other illustrates what I need to do most of the time I'm cruising the car.

I'll be looking for some parts soon. Hope you guys have'em.

~Rock

I love your Cadillac.

I also love the family history that goes with it. As has been mentioned in other threads, Cadillacs are so often more than just the cars. They are the lives, dreams, and memories of the people who have cared for them.

F.Y.I. ...I just received and am reading Cadillac Memories by John Heilig. It is a coffee table book that has pics and stories submitted by Fleetwood and Brougham owners. It appears to have been given to buyers late 90s Cadillacs. Got it off Amazon for about $5. An enjoyable quick read and a nice keepsake.

Great cars guys, thanks for sharing.

57eldoking is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 57 Eldo Biarritz, 76 Eldo Conv, 82 FWB, 83 DeVille, 94 STS

Not the first US road trip by a long shot... We shipped our 57 Biarritz back to the US in 2006 after completing a 16 year body off restoration. Together with 17 other car guys also from Norway we spent 3 weeks driving Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica, CA. The cars were then shipped back to Norway, quite a few pictures available at www.cruise66.com.

I actually used the FWB on a recon trip for another tour I'm organizing this summer. We're crossing the US from NYC to San Francisco on the nation's first transcontinental highway: The Lincoln Highway which celebrates its 100th anniversary this summer. Currently we have 85 cars signed up for this tour including 25 Cadillacs. We have atleast one of every Eldorado from 1954-1960 represented! More info on this trip on www.lh2013.com
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

JamesC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham (sold), 1993 Fleetwood Brougham

Here ya'll go.

77CDV, 77CDV, SCU187 and 4 others like this.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

wow! Anyone who says they don't like the 93-96 body style should take a look at that car and eat their words! That thing is awesome!

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Cadillac Giovanni is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    wow! Anyone who says they don't like the 93-96 body style should take a look at that car and eat their words! That thing is awesome!
    The 93-96 Fleetwood is not without its elegance, and it beats just about every modern luxury sedan in the looks department, but it still pales in comparison to pretty much any of its predecessors. Fortunately it fills the gap with comfort and power. I recently "upgraded" to a 95 Fleetwood from my 89 Brougham. The 89 is still registered as I determine its fate, but every day when I pull into my driveway and see it parked there, I'm always fixated on just how gorgeous of a car it is, and I wonder if the trade-off of style for performance is really worth it.

Still, nice looking Fleetwood. I love the blue. You need to get yerself some whitewalls, though, son.
    Steeltag likes this.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Giovanni

The 93-96 Fleetwood is not without its elegance, and it beats just about every modern luxury sedan in the looks department, but it still pales in comparison to pretty much any of its predecessors. Fortunately it fills the gap with comfort and power. I recently "upgraded" to a 95 Fleetwood from my 89 Brougham. The 89 is still registered as I determine its fate, but every day when I pull into my driveway and see it parked there, I'm always fixated on just how gorgeous of a car it is, and I wonder if the trade-off of style for performance is really worth it.

Still, nice looking Fleetwood. I love the blue. You need to get yerself some whitewalls, though, son.
    Put 89 body on 95 frame- problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Giovanni View Post

Oh I know where you're coming from. I actually use to own a 1987 Cadillac Brougham in similar condition to the 1993 here, though the '87's headliner was somewhat coming loose, aside from that pretty good. I liked the styling of the previous Fleetwoods too, but I like the 93-96 Fleetwoods as they were really a last of their kind in my book.

On that note, I know I really do need to get whitewalls - much preferred!

Oh and thanks for the kind comments from you guys too ^.^

LostCyberSled is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I like the big body Cadillac (93-96) but the(94-96) with the 5.7 vette motors are awesome. I love riding down the road taking up the whole lane and the power to get up and go.
    Cadillacboy and Cadillacboy like this.

Oh yeah. Part of the Cadillac experience is having the power to back it up. A shame Cadillac was forced to use such wimpy engines in the 80s due to CAFE requirements. Imagine an 80's Brougham with the LT1 drivetrain. The perfect Cadillac? Quite possibly so.
    Steeltag likes this.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Great looking Cadillac James!

I'm in Madison if you ever get up this way give me a shout. I Have been trying to get together with other owners in the area. A member in Milwaukee had offered his restaurant as a site and said he would put up snacks for owners but never set a date.

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Great looking Cadillac James!

I'm in Madison if you ever get up this way give me a shout. I Have been trying to get together with other owners in the area. A member in Milwaukee had offered his restaurant as a site and said he would put up snacks for owners but never set a date.
    Thanks! ^.^

Sounds neat, though sadly I'm a bit ways from Madison, I'm nearly 2 hours away.
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

Finally got around to taking photos of my new Fleetwood. I decided to motor down to the beach to take some pictures during the magic hour. Unfortunately, when I got there, I realized the battery in my camera was dead. Not to be defeated, I still snapped some shots with my crappy phone camera. They came out alright.

For those of you that missed the story as it unfolded, After over 6 months of searching for a new Caddy, I was less than 24 hours away from flying out to Michigan to buy a mint condition 96 Fleetwood (now in the ownership of oldcaddybuyer) when I saw this, freshly posted, on Craigslist, about an hour away from me. Just shy of 28,000 miles at the time, owned by a little old lady since it was new, given to her as a gift from her dying husband. She passed away last year, and the family put it up for sale. I made an appointment to see it, and made the trek to Pepperell, MA the next day after work, not knowing if I was going to buy this or stick to my guns and fly to Michigan. I've learned that low mileage means nothing on an 18-year-old car if it was poorly maintained. The second the seller opened the garage door and I layed eyes on it, I was sold. Absolutely gorgeous, practically brand new. I was stunned. The seller informed me that the ad had generated a lot of interest despite being up for only 2 days, and other people wanted to see it, but couldn't make it until the weekend. Too slow, I'm afraid. For $8,000, the first person to lay eyes on this was going to buy it. I'm just lucky it was me.

The Michigan car had the astro roof, which this lacks, but I can live without it. It has a gray interior (really sort of straddling the line between gray and beige). I thought I wanted a black interior more, but the gray has great contrast. No pictures because it wasn't bright enough for my phone camera to make out. I still haven't uninstalled the ancient car phone (You can still see the antenna on the back). I like it, though. Makes it look like a government vehicle. Had the windows tinted to 20% and bought a "III" Heritage of Ownership badge (this being my third Cadillac, and third car since I got my license altogether.) Planning to upgrade the stock stereo so I can play my endless collection of MP3s, and then she'll be fully equipped.

Photo0237_zpsb934c1f9.jpgPhoto0239_zps7117d8dd.jpgPhoto0238_zps1ccbb497.jpgPhoto0241_zps5e850759.jpgPhoto0242_zps54648217.jpgPhoto0240_zpsdd3a3ea2.jpgPhoto0246_zps7ae74525.jpg

It certainly is true that mileage has very little to do with the condition of a car. If you've seen oldcaddybuyer's 96, you'll understand. 90,000 more miles than mine, but still just as shiny. I myself also saw a green one at a local dealership that had 115,000 miles and was comparable to this, easily.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.