Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! - Page 180
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 223 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3331
Like Tree1595Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by talismandave If the tires are in good shape and you are on a budget check out post ...
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    If the tires are in good shape and you are on a budget check out post #356 and #357 in this thread. Schlaumcha just did some really cool low $ white walls on his car.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3148349

Sorry I meant to add this link....old age I guess!
    ...or drain bramage...
    CADforce69 and CADforce69 like this.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3148349

Sorry I meant to add this link....old age I guess!
    ...or drain bramage...
    It's ironic, but post 356 of this thread (on page 24) is of an '88 with blackwall tires. I thought you were talking about that post.
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Wow that is odd. It also is really a lot of back tracking to get to it! Thanks for posting on that quick or I wouldn't have caught my error!

nhspike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Broughm

Had her up on the lift yesterday... discovered whitewalls, and much clean ness under.
    Dream car.
    Very happy with this purchase!
    Attached Images

pop7414 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 coupe deville

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    I blame the tire tech for even asking "whitewalls in or out?". Nice coupe Pop.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn View Post
    I blame the tire tech for even asking "whitewalls in or out?". Nice coupe Pop.
    That is sort of what happened to me. Sadly, someone else answered the phone when they asked if I wanted whitewalls or not, because they forgot. Though they said yes, the technicians somehow got that f**ked up and thought I didn't so I didn't have them. Buying tyres two at a time since then, I actually had two whitewalls, but they were left turned in by the technicians to match the non-whitewalled tyres. Eventually, I had four whitewalls, all on the inside. Such things have continued and today, my car has still never had them.

At this point, I imagine it in my head and it looks funny.

Maybe I will one day be bored and switch with the Pontiac and have redline tyres on the Cadillac, for no apparent reason.
    77CDV and 77CDV like this.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^Mounting and balancing doesn't cost that much to have the tire flipped correctly. If you had it done at a reputable shop, you should get free mounting an balancing for the life time of the tire; I would come back everyday for a week, just to have them turn the tires around.

At the present moment, they are all fancy white letter tyres...flipped backwards. I should trade with Sting.

Still looks funny to me with whitewalls. Also the Daytons over my normal Cadillac wheels.

Still, Branwen could rock some whitewalls. Next time I need tyres for this particular car, I'll have to take that route. Now if only I could get the body as nice as in this photo. That comes after engine swap and that will only happen if I can ever find a set of those goddamn motor mounts.
    Benzilla, Benzilla, 77CDV and 5 others like this.

It's 1:30 AM and I am short by one fitting and don't want to dig through toolboxes for a spare. Waiting for Lowes to open now.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

^Do I want to know?

Dem Hoses.

I sincerely don't know how you lot get by without ten gallons of compressed air at 300 PSI. It seem an essential part of my Cadillac. It also makes it great at filling peoples' tyres should the need arise. It also powers five of the horns, in case I hit traffic.

That's where that steel braided hose goes to. The shinier blue hose connects the tank to it's identical counterpart beneath the rear panel on the opposite side. It seems excessive, as it is 25 feet long and only needs to be about eight, but since it was the same price... Then the crustier hose cost me $1 on Ebay, so I figured I may as well give it a shot. It holds up fine when full of air. Anyhow, that hose runs through the panels all the way to the front and comes out behind the seats, where I keep it neatly wrapped up and tucked away with a pressure gauge on it, that I may check it from the front if ever I am curious of the pressure I am operating at, simply by reaching behind the seat. This came to be as I decided to relocate it there with the modifications I am making to the air system at this time, but the PSI gauge I was formerly operating was located in the rear...that's just not as convenient, methinks. I also plan to add an elaborately wired LED indicator light to my accessory control box (which is also wired from behind the seats, though I tend to keep it tucked away out of view) that will blink when the compressors are running and illuminate when full.

This is what happens when my Cadillac is not breaking. I don't get my fix and decide to rework other things, simply because I can. "Idle hands do The Devil's Work" they say.

greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '93 Cadillac SDV

I can attest to the 5 air horns being in his hearse. DAMN loud. Also DAMN cool.

Oh, that was with only one air horn back when you had seen it, Matt. Also, that was at 110 PSI.

----------

Oh wait. There's still a video.

Cripes. I really need to make a new demonstration video.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Not my car, but I thought the two toned paint was a nice mod.

The-Dullahan and The-Dullahan like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.