Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! - Page 140
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 225 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3375
Like Tree1669Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by sven914 ^ Yours isn't a Plastilac... The CTS and STS are built in China. Bwahaha. Plastillac. I ...
    The-Dullahan is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

Quote Originally Posted by sven914 View Post
    ^Yours isn't a Plastilac... The CTS and STS are built in China.
    Bwahaha. Plastillac.

I know, I was just having some fun with the situation. Actually, I've got three from Detroit, the work truck is from Pennsylvania (Because it's awesome like that) and the Lincoln is a bit odd, because it was manufactured close to Detroit in a city named Wixom. If my Cadillac had the regular 307, I believe it would have ended up being manufactured in Texas, as that was right as they switched the manufacture of the Brougham (Hence the 1987 title, with 88 Vin 9) but in all honesty, I guess it was finished by Superior in Lima, Ohio.

This is all quite good, as I could not imagine driving something so absurd as an imported domestic vehicle or a vehicle that was manufactured in the south.

alexgrig is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94' Fleetwood Brougham

All Caddys officially sales in Ukraine and Russia manufactured in Kaliningrad (city in west of Russia).
    How it's happen-complete vehicles brings to Poland where disassemble. Parts of this vehicles travel to Kaliningrad where assembly again.
    It's because import "ready-to-drive" vehicles very expensive.
    For example, if you buy Fleetwood in USA for $10000, final price in Ukraine this car with legal certificate will be $42000 at less.

jayoldschool is online now GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Can we PLEASE get this thread back on topic so I don't have to un-sticky it (or worse)? If you want to talk about car manufacturing, check out The Lounge.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

not a pic of my caddy, but stuff I bought for it at the junkyard. (and before anyone asks, it all fits in my trunk, and I still have room)
    2 original fillers (under headlights), 1 factory replacement filler (left fender), and 1 ABS filler (right filler).

clear turn signals and a trunkmat (and other stuff)

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*

So you're gonna de-feminize the old Fleetwood... The V-crest looks so much better than the floral wreath (did Cadillac win race or something; doubtful).

^I could put a V on the back of my Cadillac, but it would look f**king weird. Actually, I'd like to have a frosted laurel wreath on my rear window, ala the Jaguar from Harold and Maude.

Kevin...I should hope you have that much room in your trunk. It's a Cadillac. As a side note, clear turn signals. I think those should be on all white Broughams. The amber seems too loud in contrast with the white and chrome (which is white metal) The amber ones look nice on other colours, I think, but not white.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

Quote Originally Posted by sven914 View Post
    So you're gonna de-feminize the old Fleetwood... The V-crest looks so much better than the floral wreath (did Cadillac win race or something; doubtful).
    I think the wreath goes back to the old "standard of the world" and dewar (sp?) trophy thing in the late 40's. and no, I'm not putting a V on my cadillac (yet) . I drive a fleetwood brougham, not a deville (although I have thought long and hard about deville'ing my fleetwood as the V looks so much better (I'll snag deville emblems at the jy, and replace my wreaths and see how I like it.) I still want to find some 4100 emblems (might have to get them from fwd caddys) and stick them on. that would make one hell of a sleeper- a "4100" with about 300 hp 9although 5 litre badges might suffice). diesel emblems would make the ultimate sleeper caddy, but I've never seen a diesel cadillac anywhere.

chamus, dont think you've seen my trunk. its got enough stuff in it to fill about 2 normal sized car trunks. good thing its a cadillac trunk, so its essentially a bottomless pit. I'd guess its got over 300 lbs of stuff in it right now (and yes the back end is sagging like theres a bunch of bodies and some concrete in there)

fwiw, my cadillac is not white, its tan (but close enough.) I saw clear turn signals on a tan fwb someone on the forum posted (destroyer maybe?) and fell in love.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    I think the wreath goes back to the old "standard of the world" and dewar (sp?) trophy thing in the late 40's. and no, I'm not putting a V on my cadillac (yet) . I drive a fleetwood brougham, not a deville (although I have thought long and hard about deville'ing my fleetwood as the V looks so much better (I'll snag deville emblems at the jy, and replace my wreaths and see how I like it.)
    The laurel wreath was used from the beginning, but was soon abandoned for a more clean design. The V-emblem was adopted in 1947, to emphasis the fact that Cadillacs had V8 Engines, and it was used on all Cadillac models. In 1964, Cadillac began re-using the laurel wreath for the Fleetwood bodies (Sixty Special, Seventy-Five, and Eldorado). Somewhere in the mid-'70's it was determined no-longer necessary to emphasize the V8 engines, so Cadillac slowly phased the V-emblem out of advertising and off of the vehicle. The V-crest was eventually abandoned entirely in 1984, when the de Ville line moved to the Front Wheel Drive platform and adopted the laurel wreath.

As someone who has a mixture of de Ville and Fleetwood emblems, I can attest that V's look well at home. The V-crest is a sign of power and strength, that has roots in the glory days of automotive history. What makes you car a Fleetwood isn't the fruity wreath on the trunk; it's the limousine roof and the luxury features that stand above those of any car ever made.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Last Sunday I went to a Classic car meeting organized by a friend in a little town 160 miles from home. We went there with Rex, which finally made more than 400 miles like a champ. Just had to add 1.5 qt. of engine oil as there is a leak (maybe in the pan gasket. Iīll check out tomorrow). Fortunately I checked level every 70 miles.
    105 cars came to the meeting (mostly European). The only other American classic was a '77 Camaro.

image host

png image hosting

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

The guy in the top photo obviously never learned that we look with our eyes, not our hands.

Obviously... Thereīs a lot of people here that enjoy touching classic cars... I think itīs a kind of erotic attraction. When I arrive home, I clean some fingerprints but I take it as an unavoidable fact, like a Rock star that has to be touched when he has a meeting with his fans I bet People in that town had never seen a cadillac live.

By the way, the oil leak is coming from the oil pressure sender, so letīs hope itīs fixed by changing this part.

outsider is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

I love your car. I would do more than just touch it, if you know what I mean just kidding...

or am I?

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    I love your car. I would do more than just touch it, if you know what I mean just kidding...

or am I?
    If you were closer, you could take a ride in it for sure... If sometime you happen to visit Madrid, there is a panoramic visit in cadillac available for you ... You would check that cars are always more beautiful in pics than live

I have the fingerprint commonly with my non-Cadillac cars, but the Cadillac in particular develops fingerprints all over, from people shielding their reflections trying to peer inside. Interestingly, it develops fingerprints on the inside, quickly earning a reputation for being haunted.

Spillin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Sedan Deville D'elegance

@kevin i wear those shoes everyday lol, they match my lac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.