Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#439 ·
I like that color, get some 1.3" whitewalls though. The triple-line tires they came with are no longer available I think. Dark grey metallic would look nice though. I've always wanted a dark gray 1969-1970 convertible with a black canvas soft top.

#444 ·
Great looking car... but it would look SOOO awesome with some low profile vogues. the blackwalls dry it up.

#454 ·
This is a pic of my 1988 Brougham. Its triple white, and in showroom condition. I bought it about a year ago from the original owner. A 93 year old woman. Her family made her sell it when her driving was getting scary, I guess. The car had 69,000 miles on it when I bought it, and I think I put about 1000 miles on it since then. I recently got vanity plates for it that read TX SZD 88 (Texas sized 88) They will get put on when I take the car out of storage in April, as it is snowing here, and Illinois spreads salt everywhere, and I dont want it to get on the car. I miss not seeing it in the driveway everyday... oh well... only a few more months.

Attachments

#455 ·
This is a pic of my 1988 Brougham. Its triple white, and in showroom condition. I bought it about a year ago from the original owner. A 93 year old woman. Her family made her sell it when her driving was getting scary, I guess. The car had 69,000 miles on it when I bought it, and I think I put about 1000 miles on it since then. I recently got vanity plates for it that read TX SZD 88 (Texas sized 88) They will get put on when I take the car out of storage in April, as it is snowing here, and Illinois spreads salt everywhere, and I dont want it to get on the car. I miss not seeing it in the driveway everyday... oh well... only a few more months.
Congrats, she is a beauty! Where in Illinois are you located?

I have my Fleetwood tucked away for the winter, but luckily it is in the heated garage attached to my house.

Take care,
Elias

#457 ·
Not sure how it feels to the car, but when I am in there working in a nice 60 degree garage while it is 10 degrees outside.. it is wonderful. I was lucky that the guy who owned my house before was a car buff and made the garage fully insulated and climate controlled!

Reactions: ROMAN.IMPERATOR
#458 ·
I am located in Steger, IL. It is between Chicago and Kankakee on the Indiana line. The storage is not heated, and actually I went today to start it and discovered it had developed an oil leak since I put it into storage. Im getting that taken care of on Wednesday. I didnt look to hard to see where it was comming from, as it was 25 degrees outside, and I know I wouldnt be fixing it myself in the cold. Hopefully it wont be too expensive, because Im not working right now. I guess thats part of the fun of owning a 20 year old car. I wouldnt trade it for anything though.

#460 ·
I am located in Steger, IL. It is between Chicago and Kankakee on the Indiana line. The storage is not heated, and actually I went today to start it and discovered it had developed an oil leak since I put it into storage. Im getting that taken care of on Wednesday. I didnt look to hard to see where it was comming from, as it was 25 degrees outside, and I know I wouldnt be fixing it myself in the cold. Hopefully it wont be too expensive, because Im not working right now. I guess thats part of the fun of owning a 20 year old car. I wouldnt trade it for anything though.
Nice, you are not too far away. You should meet up with our local chapter:

http://www.westofthelakeclc.com/

Regards,
Elias

#467 ·
Don't make me drive up there and clean it! ;)

#472 ·
one of my best friends just picked up an '87 brougham for $700 bucks. interior is cherry. 5.0 runs great. minor rust spots on trunk and hood. other than that it's a really solid car and a great ride! my '85 is on the right. since we work together we're going to be convoying to work a lot and parking together. it'll be really cool.

and here's a 92 brougham which came into work the other day. me and the owner really hit it off and were talking cadillac for 30 minutes before i got back to work.

here's an 82 (if i remember right... i talked to the owner at one point) coupe that parked by work for a while. it was in mint condition. lowered on wires. real nice:

and i know its not RWD but it was in superb condition!

there's also another white 4 door '85 rolling arouind town. one of my co-workers buddies owns it and he came by work one day. he's got 22'' rims on it. it's pretty nice i'll snap a pic of it when i get the chance.

and here's some of the '69. here it is with the fleet and my buddies blazer.

man i cant believe that thing was $550. what a great deal. with tomorrows paycheck i can finally afford an engine.

#478 ·
Did you hear that Bleche Wite is going to be dropped in the very near future? It's official. No production cars come with whitewalls, so whitewall cleaner is being phased out too. You'd think they'd have enough classic car fans buying their product, I guess not.

And I second the comment about Eagle One chrome & wire cleaner. The stuff is basically like three kinds of acid that remove anything but chrome & bone.