Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! - Page 127
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 223 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3335
Like Tree1617Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am much more comfortable in bench seats...all of my vehicles have had benches. When I ride in a car ...
    outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

I am much more comfortable in bench seats...all of my vehicles have had benches.

When I ride in a car with buckets I don't feel comfortable. I feel kind of restricted.

Fleetwood Greg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood

IMG_2139.jpgHere is a pic of my new 95 Fleetwood, I also have an album on my profile page.
    Fleetwood Greg
    c5cruiser likes this.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

That's a beautiful Fleetwood...

I don't understand what it is with the last gens. That picture is a perfect example of a car I really want to have. I love the flowing lines and rounded edges, and even more the fact that it looks very much like a Cadillac; I currently see no correlation between that and Roadmaster. It must be the angle of the picture, because most of the time they look cold and sterile; corporate.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

I am not a fan of the bucket seats in a full size Caddy. It doesn't look period correct.

Kevin, couldn't you have fixed the recline motors in your seats to make them lean back again??? I know the recline motor went bad in my 91 but it was an easy fix

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

mine didnt recline at all. somebody opted for leather seats that had no recline feature (seat backs were welded in place). I looked all over the yards around here and never could find a reclining bench seat that was in respectable shape (let alone one that was beige leather).

Here's mine with the color matched hubcaps...

robb257731 and robb257731 like this.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

^nice caps sven. IMO the hubcap/ tire combo looks very 60's. makes it look alot older without looking out of place

Thank you. A lot of people say my car looks older. Even people who have the same model (give or take a year) think my car predates theirs by a decade or two.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Yes, these hubcups make the car more elegant and classic.

ail45 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Some nice looking caddy's on here

I just got a blk/blk 94 fleetwood, I would add mine but raining so cant take a pic yet. =/

ColK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Coupe DeVille

More shots of Lois since I've only posted a picture of the exterior on the driver's side.

P1080028.jpg
    P1080029.jpg
    P1080030.jpg
    P1080031.jpg
    P1080034.jpg
    P1080035.jpg
    P1080036.jpg
    P1080037.jpg
    P1080038.jpg
    P1080039.jpg

Lois seems to be in an easily restorable condition. Interior seems to be ok. Just a light cleaning in some seats, fixing the driver pull strap and front armrests re-upholstering needed. It seems to be easy as they are sepparate pieces. As for body, no rust is shown in these pics. and chrome seems in a rather good shape. Just a good painting needed.

Overall, she's in pretty good shape as she was kept up but far from babied. The interior's major glitches outside the ones you mentioned that aren't as readily noticeable would be the headliner(almost completely detached), a big burn hole in the rear seat and the fabric on top of the rear bench is sun baked/disintegrating. There is a 1.5" x 2.5" rust bubble right behind the bumper filler on the driver's side, a 1.5" x 4" hole in the same spot on the passenger side and a few other spots on the passenger side that will take more than sanding but haven't rusted through. Yet. The 1.5" x 4" hole is the only real bad spot. There is some minor surface rust, some of which I've already taken care of but I haven't tackled a few spots on the roof because it's just been too dang hot. The chrome is pretty good overall but there is some pitting on the rear bumper and passenger side tail light. It's hard to tell from the one picture but the top of the vinyl roof is riddled with cracks. Not many major ones but plenty of small ones. Paint is a given and while I doubt my compressor could handle a HVLP gun, I know a couple of people who have had success with LVLP guns and am looking around at those a bit.

New headliner is not a cheap fix. Seat burns and sun damage may wait for a future restoration stage. As for the body bubbles and holes, you will have to cure them; fiberglass paste will work in the short run but if you want a definitive cure you will need welding some patches. You can paint the car by yourself but if itīs your first job, itīs adviceable making some test on some junkyard body parts before. For this kind of vinyl youīll probably need a professional, but if nothing is rotten under it, vinyl could be the next esthetic step.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.