Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! - Page 126
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 224 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3346
Like Tree1633Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My first car I love her wouldn't have it any other way or any other car!!! More pictures >> http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/a...My%20cadillac/...
    Angelo Gargarello is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 86 cadillac fleetwood brougham

Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

My first car I love her wouldn't have it any other way or any other car!!! More pictures >> http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/a...My%20cadillac/

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

good looking car! welcome

Thank you.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Fine ride, Angelo!

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Itīs a privilege having a Cadillac as your first car. Congrats! Nice looking ride. Take care of her

ColK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Coupe DeVille

Nice Angelo, congratulations. She looks to be in pretty good shape and I'm sure you have some great memories ahead. My first car wasn't a Cadillac but I have fond memories of it and there have been many times over the years that I wished I still had it.

I will do everything I can to make her last as long as I do; and the memories keeping coming from passing my road test because the guy liked my car to changing a flat in the rain thank you every one that commented and I'm glad to be a proud owner of a GM in a ford family

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

I just realized that I havent posted pics of my "new" interior on this thread.
    not a bad improvement for under $70. and I gained 2 cupholders and lumbar and side support!
    old interior:

new interior

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    What is the interior out of? I'm looking for something like this too. I saw a box bonneville that had the center console with a shifter, thought it would be cool to do something different like this.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Wow ! The color match is great!

wow I'm kinda surprised people actually like the console / bucket setup. I would have thought people would have thought it was sacrilegious or something. I bought the seats because I wanted different seats (mine were slowly falling apart) and I wanted seats with some adjustibility (my bench didnt even have tilt seat backs). The console also hides an aftermarket radio (cassette deck) which saved me from cutting a hole in my dash.
    @ csbuckn
    they are from a 1993 oldsmobile bravada. as is the center console. the console has 2 power ports (not cigarette lighters) , a pop out cup holder tray, and 2 lumbar switches (both seats have lower back lumbar) and a 6 way power seat control.
    first gen bravadas were only available with beige? leather (with faux suede accents) interior though (as far as I know- I've never seen one with anything but beige leather interior)
    as for good GM leather buckets I recommend '97 z28 buckets (similar to 1st gen bravadas), late 80's/ early 90's s10 blazers with the tahoe package (a bit on the small side but nice), toronado trofeos (late 80's early 90s), and reattas (at least the ones with side bolsters).

btw, in case anybody want to look, here is my photobucket album on the progress of my car
    http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/a...evin/cadillac/

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

So did the seats bolt up and did you get power to them and the console?

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

I personally preferred the old seats look but if the car is your daily driver, and they were giving you problems, I think looking for a more convenient option is rather reasonable. After all, itīs your car. Great work changing everything and making the new connections

Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn View Post
    So did the seats bolt up and did you get power to them and the console?
    the seats bolted up fine. but the spread is not 100% perfect (maybe 1/4 or 1/2 inch off) . I had to half tighten the seat frame to the seat, then I bolted the frame to the floor all the way, then I snugged down the bolts attaching the seats to the frames all the way. everything tightened down 100% and my manual seat mechanism does clear the side bolsters.
    as for power, I have tested them and they do work but I am missing the factory wires from the lumbar switch to the drivers seat. I'll need to go back to the j/y and pick them up. power ports are currently disconnected (missing wiring). there was also a black box under the console marked TRW that I need to figure out what it is (if I need it) I console (mine) was missing it (removed) and the other one in the j/y had it. I also need to snag the mounting brackets for the console base. the console I picked up was in good shape but unfortuantely the wiring had been picked over. the other console (left behind) was destroyed but had untouched wiring (need to go back and snag its' harness)

@ cadforce69
    the car is not currently my daily driver (waiting on a new motor- 307 has blown HG and torque converter is out). once i get the motor in, it will be my daily driver again.
    I like the classic look of the original seats, but for me practicality (more comfort, more support, and less maintenance) supersedes originality. the old seats werent bad, but they needed constant maintenance due to neglect (never moisturized or cleaned in the 20+ years prior to me buying it). they were constantly cracking and flaking and were starting to develop small rips so I figured it was time to replace them. The new seats are in really good shape (better quality leather) and are actually more comfortable than the old split bench (alot more cushion and support than the bench and softer leather)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.