Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#3,848 ·
Well here's a picture of my car, I picked it up a while ago but now I'm finally able to work on it (when my body cooperates that is).
It's a 1979 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance, it's red with a brown interior and it has a 425 engine (Which is currently being rebuilt).

Picked it up a month ago from where it was stored, I believe it's only had three previous owners and I know it's been stored inside or under cover 90% of it's life.

I have to rebuild the engine, the interior needs some work, and there's some minor cosmetic issues on the exterior that need to be fixed. But it's nothing I can't handle (Except for lifting the heavy parts, that I'll need help with).

#3,851 ·
Seems very fitting to have this car as part of your attire! How's soon do you plan to have it on the road again and will you be taking pics and writing descriptions as you work on it. There's not that many good videos on Rumble or YT for these types of restoration! Maybe you could set up a channel if you don't already have one. I just set up an Instagram account for my @77coupedeville Mainly for my family in England to see how it progresses, but you're welcome to follow!😁

#3,852 ·
My lofty goal is to have it ready by the beginning of this summer, but my realistic one is the end of this summer or the beginning of next summer [I don't have a lot of money, and chronic pain isn't something that makes working easy]

I will most certainly be taking pictures and writing descriptions, I've found that there's not enough information available and if I can save someone the hassles I've faced it'll be a good thing.

#3,855 · (Edited)
Hi,
my 1979 Deville Coupe , 425 S engine--- like it !
Bought it in 2019 in good condition, 33K miles.
Sometimes a hard job to got spare parts so far away from it`s orgin country.
Life is to short for little, ugly cars.

Wintertime is repairtime.....

My latest project. Illuminated curbfeeler.... is now ready. 15 different light combinations. Smal 1206 + 1209 LEDs with about 700 to 1500 mcd. Good visible at day.
But here not allowed for street use....

Look at:

#3,864 ·
You've changed the exhaust and wheels, nice. Different sail panel emblem I can't tell. What else have you done to it? Izzita base Fleetwood, or a 'vinyl delete' Brougham? Just nosey.

Reactions: Johnp410
#3,867 ·
My 1980 Brougham Sedan, in paint code 41 (Princess Green), sporting the mighty 368 4bbl (add-on skirts occasionally worn, furnished by Fender Skirt Depot), and with self re-furbed opera lights.

2016 Escalade ESV 4WD Luxury (Crystal White Tricoat)
1985 Eldorado Biarritz (Sandstone)
1980 Brougham Sedan (Princess Green)
1983 Brougham Coupe (Sable Black) (undergoing resto)

Past:
1993 Coupe deVille Cabriolet (Sable Black)
1991 FWD Fleetwood Coupe (Lt Antelope Met.)
1990 FWD Fleetwood Sedan (Medium Slate Met.)
1986 FWD Sedan deVille (Lt. Sapphire Blue Met.)

Formerly in the ‘family’:
1984 Eldorado Biarritz (Triple Strathmore White)
1979 Coupe deVille (Laramie Beige)

#3,876 ·
Berlin is calling. Service is done.... ready for the streets.... was looking for years for a 1992
View attachment 596698 View attachment 596699 View attachment 596700 View attachment 596701
When the split the Brougham from the Fleetwood, I SOOOOOOOO badly wanted a Brougham. Beautiful car! I'm a bit envious. I tried to find a Brougham when I was looking for a new (used) one and nothing happening. I searched within 400 miles of where I live, NOTHING.

#3,878 ·
This was my FIRST car. 1977 Deville d'Elegance. I remember people telling me "your lights are still on." Sad how those days have passed any just about every car has features that were only available in a few cars! (Note: this is a
stock image but my car was the exactly the same color - it looks exactly like it, except the interior - I had the premium leather seats).