Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! - Page 119
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 223 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 169 219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3332
Like Tree1598Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

Some progress on my 69 SDV while Im waiting for the new differential. Ive cleaned steering wheel & dash and painted its totally faded chromed lines. I also took out the wood veneer dash panel, filed it off (it was full of bubbles) and covered it with auto-adhesive vinyl. I also painted the faded "cadillac" letters and lines above the glovebox. I used a silver felt tip pen to renew them. I also covered the sun burned wheel rim.
    First I used engine cleaner, as dirt was stuck to surface from decades without proper cleaning, and then I used a dash renewer :

post image wordpress

image hosting service

wordpress image upload

Burned chrome line around dash was renewed also with flexible auto-adhesive chrome line sold by the meter.

This is an old pic:

adult image hosting

image upload

I have a new glovebox lock to change old one. Its difficult to close and handle is missing

I also replaced headlights with original type ones and recovered missing headlight rims. Now high beam center lights work as there were no sockets in the old adapted ones, which were screwed to the frame:

Left: Old ones. Right: New ones

image upload

I also took the opportunity to polish front chrome in detail.

free image hosting

post image wordpress

The mechanic was testing wipers. The motor works well but installation is a mess. They are not totally down, awaiting installation fixing.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Slow but steady progress...it's the name of the game with these old cars.

69Chateau is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1969 Deville Convertible

CadForce69....

Can you tell me more about that flexible chrome line that you put into the dash. I need to do that EXACT same thing and would love to know what you used and where you got it! SWEET!

I bought it here in Spain, in a packed roll but Im sure youll find something similar in MN. This Sunday Im going to the cars home so Ill take some pics of the flex. chrome line and note down wide measure. I think its similar to this one (I think mine is wider): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAR-C...Q5fAccessories

Just adding that I had to apply instant glue to the lower vertical part of the molding, as it detached from its base but final look is great.

Quote Originally Posted by CADforce69 View Post
    I bought it here in Spain, in a packed roll but Im sure youll find something similar in MN. This Sunday Im going to the cars home so Ill take some pics of the flex. chrome line and note down wide measure. I think its similar to this one (I think mine is wider): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAR-C...Q5fAccessories
    I would think it was something between 1/8" and 1/4"? 1/4" seems too wide... I'm all fired up about replacing mine now! I took the old one out in my car and painted it black and re-inserted it. Didn't turn out very well. If I could find some of this chrome trim molding I'd go home and work on it today!

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chateau View Post
    I would think it was something between 1/8" and 1/4"? 1/4" seems too wide... I'm all fired up about replacing mine now! I took the old one out in my car and painted it black and re-inserted it. Didn't turn out very well. If I could find some of this chrome trim molding I'd go home and work on it today!
    If you cant wait, you can take exact wide measure from your car and search e-bay. I think you can also find something similar in some accessory shop in your city. My molding is a little wider than the groove but result is even better than original (just a little slanted instead of totally horizontal on the groove). Some people dont like cutting the molding in the corners but I did it, as I think its better for more durability.

Forgot telling that previously I scraped off the remains of the original molding / decal to get a good base for the molding to stick on.

I think I found a very similar chrome trim molding at Autozone so I'm going to stop in there and check that out on my way home today. If it appears to be the right stuff, I'll purchase and see if I can work on it this weekend! I'll show you a pic if I'm able to get it done! Thanks for the help!

I hope you find the right measure. Its a cheap solution after all. If you fail to buy the right one, the cost of the mistake may be $ 20 as much. When I bought it I just roughly calculated wide measure.

Waiting for your caddys pics

bradmo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '96 Fleetwood, '01 DeVille, '77 Seville, '71 Coupe DeVille

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^Web pages are not pictures...

http://www.bradmotrucking.com/My_Stuff.html

POORBOY67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 67 deville

Hello Everyone, new to the site. I'll be picking up a 67 deville in the next couple of weeks. Been wanting a vert headlight caddy for a while. My first car was a 84 superior hearse and I've been hooked ever since. this one needs a little more work to be finished. Has new paint and all new chrome(rechromed). Needs some odds and ends along with a new vinyl top. Heres how it looks right now
    Attached Images
    Spillin, Spillin and c5cruiser like this.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

that's a good looking car! have you driven it yet?

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Love that red! What color top you going for?

MudAnt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1986 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance

Looks great, can't wait for more pictures!

Congrats, Poorboy67. Excellent paint & chrome work. A clear brown top would be the perfect finish for that beautiful color to draw everyones attention -even for those who doesnt like caddies-

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.