Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#3,795 ·
1984 Fleetwood Brougham, 51K miles. Bought from a woman in MI who's parents owned and passed away last year. It looked to have been maintained and needs a few things repaired. I contacted the service place they used for the service records. Overall the paint is in pretty good condition all though the hood has paint checking, probably worse on the drivers side for some reason. One small ding on the drivers door and that I will have an auto body shop try to remove. The rear bumper chrome around the taillight had a small dent and I replaced that. No scuff or scrapes on the wire hubcaps, near show quality.
Leather interior was clean and I conditioned it. It looks like maybe Ziebart did the rustproofing.

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Full-size car Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Full-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Classic car
Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive exhaust Tire
Vehicle Auto part Car Engine
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan

#3,799 ·
Here is the 1996 Fleetwood after a wash and an engine bay detail.

It's been running real nice after the fuel pump assembly was replaced. I had to replace the belt too as it was squealing like a stuck pig. Nice and quiet now - the way a Cadillac should be.

Attachments

Reactions: JA'48
#3,806 ·
So there I was, innocently driving cars at the Mecum auction a week ago, and this followed me home . . .

1993 Fleetwood. I've clayed, polished, and waxed the hood (see the reflections?), and polished and waxed the top (clay hadn't arrived, but it clearly wants it).

To the left you see a bit of an '02 DeVille DHS waiting to be scrapped (I hadn't known whether I would find another DHS or a Fleetwood, and would have felt foolish buying my own parts back. I'll pull the telescoping/tilting wheel mechanism and a few other things before it goes), and the '95 base Eldorado parts car waiting to be a donor to my '97 ETC to the right.

#3,811 ·
I am new here so please bear with me.
My wife & I have her 1983 Sedan DeVille d'Elegance which we want to sell to someone who appreciates how much effort has gone into making it a very unusual automobile.
Some details:
White Exterior, Blue Velour interior.
AutoMeter Gauges
1976 Oldsmobile 455 W-30 Motor
Holley Street Dominator Intake Manifold
Edelbrock QuadraJet Carburetor
Hooker Headers
Custom 2 1/2" Full Dual Exhaust System including custom built Cross Member
Heavily modified 2004R Transmission
Grand National Torque Converter
Fast Ratio Steering Box
1 1/2" Herb Adams Sway Bars mounted with Heim Joints
Custom Built Cop Car Disc Brake Rear End (2:73 Posi) with all new brakes, cables etc.(Not yet installed)
Custom Built Aluminum 54 Gallon (US) Fuel Tank
Eagle 16" Custom Chrome Multispoke wheels sporting High Speed Toyo Tires
Much more long forgotten.
All this is on a very low mileage Estate car.
If anyone is interested, contact me for more details and photos.
Thanks, Bill

#3,818 ·
THIS THREAD IS TOTALLY USELESS WITHOUT PICS !

Especially that motor.

And the undercarriage.

Seriously, you won't believe how close your rig is to an '82 Park Ave. Electra I did decades ago. 390 horse 455, Damn near identical suspension down to the heim joints lol....
And it was white vinyl/white --> bordello oxblood velour <--

If serious about selling, it needs to go in the FS section.

#3,816 ·
Woah! Nice. And I feyol yoor payn.....

I gave up this one in '16 - after 16 years:

And have been working on a twin of yours the past 4 years:

Reactions: soy_chingon13