Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#3,536 ·
Just one ! Gots a pearl color. I'm trying to finish the inside. The headliner, dash and back side panels are done in blue plush material(don't know the name of it). Als left is backseat, front seat and side door panels. Also need the carpet! That's just for custom. I need other things to make it at least complete. I need the doors wood design piece ! Probably have to redo all inside to match the blue & pearl colors.

#3,541 ·
I hear you. I'm glad this car came with the Wire Wheels. My 1990 Brougham had the wire wheel hubcaps when I purchased it, and the car just didn't look complete; so I ordered a set of Dayton Wire Wheels from California. It cost me ~$1200 but made a huge difference. I can't drive anywhere without people commenting on the wheels or asking to buy her! I love the 90-92 Broughams, so classy. TJ

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Classic car

#3,543 ·
I hear you. I'm glad this car came with the Wire Wheels. My 1990 Brougham had the wire wheel hubcaps when I purchased it, and the car just didn't look complete; so I ordered a set of Dayton Wire Wheels from California. It cost me ~$1200 but made a huge difference. I can't drive anywhere without people commenting on the wheels or asking to buy her! I love the 90-92 Broughams, so classy. TJ

That looks amazing. I'm in the market for a set of spoke wheels & I'm a bit confused. True Spoke & Dayton are what seem to be my only options if I want new wheels. Was the $1200 for those on your car directly from Dayton or an online dealer?? Thanks for your time. SL.

#3,544 ·
<a href="http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/noev678/media/M
This one hasnt seen a cruise in a while, so a scrub, and borrowed hubcaps did the job. Its going to be sold to pay for a paint job.

----------

<a href="http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/noev678/media/M
I don't know if I posted the proper link...

#3,550 ·
I misspoke, the set of Dayton Wire Wheels were 1,600 not 1,200 when I purchased them back in 2011, size 15 inch (the original size in 1990). They were brand new, it took Dayton Wire Wheels 3 months to custom build them. I purchased them from hobbycar.com in California; great, friendly people. Go to the owners gallery on their website to see a lot of beautiful Cadillacs with wire wheels. The set now lists for 1,695 according to their website. My car was mounted with the Vogue gold and white tires when I bought it; I made sure the Dayton wire wheels would fit the Vogue tyres before I purchased them. Otherwise, the vogue tires would have added another 1,100. hobbycar.com also sells Vogue tyres or as a package with the Dayton Wire Wheels. Sorry for the confusion. TJ

#3,551 ·
Thank you very much. Right now I am torn between the Dayton's and true spokes. The Daytons have stainless steal spokes where as the standard true spokes come with plain chrome plated steel. I plan on making a decision by the end of September. Either way your car looks absolutely amazing.

#3,552 ·
Here's my 87 parts car. Oddly, it has lots of options, no Delegeance seats, but it has ALL other options minus memory seats. Title and reg say Fleetwood, but there's no "Fleetwood" badging anywhere on the car. No trunk pull-down thing from factory. Anyway, its done duty as a cruiser, transportation for my kids in school and for my wife and I for work. All that and it knocks down 15+ mpg town and 24 highway. AC is cold, and factory alarm protects my $380 investment. Picture is of best side of the Cadillac, all else is perfectly straight and rust free, yet it looks like the Cadillac lived in Arizona all its life.

#3,557 ·
Yes, a rolling parts car. As of now, its intact. The th200 worries me, as I bought it was with a "bad" transmission. Once in a while, the TCC refuses to disengage, so a drop to N and a few revs of the 307 and its back to being awesome. I am 100% its just the torque converter at fault here. This 87 is going to complete my 81, and more than likely the 87 is going to stay around as a forever parts car. It's fairly nice, it needs a paint job, headliner, and vinyl top, filler s in back, and that's it really. For now, it cruises and drives anywhere, highway freeway whatever, no problem. I seriously plan to drive it as much as possible, till death meets the th200! In the future, I will part it out here for you guys, almost free too:).

#3,559 ·
I doubt I'll find a rust-free parts car anytime soon. This 87 needs lots of cosmetic care and love, as it looks heavily weathered on its exterior. To me,its the perfect parts Cadillac, as it took me 3 years to find the 87. It needs a few grand to be "nice", but its engine, brakes, steering, suspension and electrical systems work flawlessly. There's money to be made from its carcass, and all I see are mint parts in far better conditions than the 81s stuff. Also, I'm short on room to fit my 4 Cadillacs, an S10 Blazer and a T-bird. I have a big heart when it comes to rescuing cars, this one is just too awesome at the price it was purchased. I see nothing wrong with driving this Cadillac till it dies, then install all its goods and let it keep living its afterlife in my 81.