Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! - Page 104
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3349
Like Tree1638Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Replace your exhaust with a stainless steel one ... the whole thing... mufflers and all Here we get a 25 ...
    Neil Clarke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 76 Sedan Deville

Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

Replace your exhaust with a stainless steel one ... the whole thing... mufflers and all
    Here we get a 25 year warranty on them.... but we don't get snow

But you should get a much longer life out if it without too much more expense

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^That's exactly what I'm going to do when I rebuild the engine and run true duels (I'm debating on whether to go with glass packs or high flow mufflers).

dream67caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): .....83 DeVille - cruiser.....67 DeVille - project.....

Quote Originally Posted by XXL-VETE View Post

Kenny
    what rims are those

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Now itīs time to upload some interior pics of my '69 SdV. This is the worst part of him. When exterior details, steering and some electrical problems are solved Iīm going to upholster seats and door panels, as they are very damaged due to long time exposure to sun. Fortunately, dash is not cracked. Just needs a good cleaning and detail fixing.

I have to look for a steering wheel badge, and a cover like many '69 have to use due to rim deterioration. There is rust in the levers I have to clean.

Headliners at least are in good condition.

image uploading

Itīs an export version. It went right from factory to Spain. Dash is in kilometers. Under the dash two buttons: One to turn on the starter motor; the other for the horn (they could not find a more convenient place)

You turn the key to switch on contact and then push the starter button, but be sure that no gear is engaged, as you can have a surprise when the car starts.

Wipers do not work, nor heating/air conditioning. Not even fan works. Apparently itīs not a fuse problem. More issues to check. Parking brake release is broken. Thereīs only a little rest of the manual release lever. What a surprise first time I applied it and realized that it did not release automatically when transmission selector moved to "D" or "R" as it was supposed to. Finally I could use the remainings of the manual release.

Odometer shows 75.000 Kms. I think itīs real; the car spent long time unused, pedals are not very weared, as front wheels (although old, they showed a good thread). Gas prices in Europe combined with high gas consumption keeped him as a low mileage unit.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

All perfectly repairable. I do have a question about the starter button, though. Wouldn't the neutral safety switch prevent the sort of surprise to which you alluded? Or is the separate key and button setup a European thing?

I see you still have the stock radio. What are the aftermarket speakers in the kick panels hooked up to?

With the steering wheel, do you think you'll try to rebuild it to stock condition with the rim-blow feature, or go with a more conventional 1970 wheel?

Looks like he's got solid bones. He'll look amazing when you've got him all complete again!

TheRedSharon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brougham (Sharon), 1998 Eldorado (Alyson)

I have an overwhelming compulsion to post pictures of my pride and joy. I'm glad I got a picture of the right rear door, because I messed it up pretty good. Shouldn't have tried to squeeze through a spot made for Civics...
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dream67caddy View Post
    what rims are those
    what rims are those

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by dream67caddy View Post
    what rims are those
    Stop beating a dead horse...

That dude hasn't been here since 2006. He isn't going to come back just to tell you about his fancy Budnik Switchblade Billet Aluminum wheels.

It's the best match I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    All perfectly repairable. I do have a question about the starter button, though. Wouldn't the neutral safety switch prevent the sort of surprise to which you alluded? Or is the separate key and button setup a European thing?

I see you still have the stock radio. What are the aftermarket speakers in the kick panels hooked up to?

With the steering wheel, do you think you'll try to rebuild it to stock condition with the rim-blow feature, or go with a more conventional 1970 wheel?

Looks like he's got solid bones. He'll look amazing when you've got him all complete again!
    I hope I can repair all, little by little. Itīs part of the fun after all

The start button was (I think) a botched job done when someday the start system failed to work, so they bypassed it. The collateral damage is the safety switch is bypassed too. The button wires go straight to the starter. Maybe I find someone here that can bring the system back to original.

I think it will be difficult restoring to original my wheel here. Looking for a '70 will be much easier.

Radio turns on but can hear no station (not even white noise). The man who selled me the car told me the problem was due to speakers. These in the kick panels seem another adaptation. I have to try changing them to confirm if problem is just that. Automatic antenna works perfectly.

Thanks for your support A lot of work -and money- for the next year but I think it will be worth it in the end (and fun). Someone have talked me about a good mechanic specialized in american cars. He has a caddy too. Iīll contact him and see if he can help me. Now Rex is a car plenty of projects.

thanks man i just think they will look good on my 83

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedSharon View Post
    I have an overwhelming compulsion to post pictures of my pride and joy. I'm glad I got a picture of the right rear door, because I messed it up pretty good. Shouldn't have tried to squeeze through a spot made for Civics...
    Lovely color on a lovely car!

Quote Originally Posted by CADforce69 View Post
    I hope I can repair all, little by little. Itīs part of the fun after all

The start button was (I think) a botched job done when someday the start system failed to work, so they bypassed it. The collateral damage is the safety switch is bypassed too. The button wires go straight to the starter. Maybe I find someone here that can bring the system back to original.

I think it will be difficult restoring to original my wheel here. Looking for a '70 will be much easier.

Radio turns on but can hear no station (not even white noise). The man who selled me the car told me the problem was due to speakers. These in the kick panels seem another adaptation. I have to try changing them to confirm if problem is just that. Automatic antenna works perfectly.

Thanks for your support A lot of work -and money- for the next year but I think it will be worth it in the end (and fun). Someone have talked me about a good mechanic specialized in american cars. He has a caddy too. Iīll contact him and see if he can help me. Now Rex is a car plenty of projects.
    I had the same problem with the radio in my Fleetwood when I bought it. Radio turned on, antenna worked, but no sound. It was simply a matter of changing the speakers. Fortunately, the previous owner had left the sound system alone, so replacing the two speakers (one front, one rear) was a simple affair. Made for a very quiet drive home from AZ, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    I had the same problem with the radio in my Fleetwood when I bought it. Radio turned on, antenna worked, but no sound. It was simply a matter of changing the speakers. Fortunately, the previous owner had left the sound system alone, so replacing the two speakers (one front, one rear) was a simple affair. Made for a very quiet drive home from AZ, though.
    Thatīs great! If itīs just that, Iīll be able to have soon some music in my caddy. Now you can use a little MP3-MP4 device plugged to the lighter that can send all your music to your oldie radio tuning MP3 through a FM frequence.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

GOD, those are some ugly rims. They look like they were designed by a five-year-old. Probably cut by one too.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    GOD, those are some ugly rims. They look like they were designed by a five-year-old. Probably cut by one too.
    Don't be shy, say what you really think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedSharon View Post
    Sunset shows off its beauty in that metallic red. Looks different withouth white walls. Congrats for that sweet ride... Hope right rear door is restored soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.