Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! - Page 102
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 223 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3331
Like Tree1595Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; they're Broadway Classics made by Goodyear...
    twv5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

they're Broadway Classics made by Goodyear
    Attached Images

GenrlRodes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1965 FWD 60S ~ 08 DTS 1-SE

Last summer at the car show in Spillville, IA. The event was hosted at the histoic Inwood Ballroom. One of the few remaining structures in Iowa. This was was devastated by the 2008 flooding. The floor was completely ruined and had to be replaced...
    Attached Images

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Nice Fleetwood. I like the subtlety of the silver, it just screams class IMO. Is it a 4 door post or 4 door hardtop???? I really love those hubcaps, they'd look even better with an appropriate wide whitewall like those "Broadway classics".

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Fleetwoods from 1965 forward are pillared sedans.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

I love 65s. I almost bought one -A FWB too- but engine run did not convince me at all though interior was almost perfect. I could not find out if it was simply not tuned or something worse. Brake pedal sank when used, paint was faded (The seller told it was "perfect"), so I decided that it was not for me.

Congrats for this beautiful caddy and thanks for sharing your pic.

dream67caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): .....83 DeVille - cruiser.....67 DeVille - project.....

god i love rwd caddys SO much

Last saturday, I took Rex to my girlīs mum country house. Not a very comfortable trip due to the front wheels shaking from time to time but I had to take him out from my too small parking space in the city. I could wash it before I put on a cover, a little distributor and carb tune up and a photo session to post some pics as I promised weeks ago:

My girl loves him

This plate is the original one. Registered in Madrid (Spain) on july 31 1969

I know: What are those lights doing in the rear bumper? Requirements to adapt the car to the european car light regulations. Iīm planning taking that out, changing back up lights for turn lights (just an orange bulb and wire change) and looking for the original moldings (not very easy to find)

Rear view is spectacular. I love it! Other thinks to look for: Trunk lock emblem and new "V". By the way: Which ones are compatible? Not many 69 trunk lock emblem ads.

I have already with me rear fenders "Sedan de Ville" and trunk "Cadillac" badges to put on.

upload images

Thereīs a lot of work to do with chrome but Iīll make it shine... Whatīs a cadillac without shiny chrome parts? New headlights are coming too. Iīve got another left turn light in the trunk. Cracked but not broken.

New parts for steering, bands, points, brakes and trunk seal are on the way. Soon pics of the interior.
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

man that is a thing of beauty! I'm so jealous, I just painted my 69 calais but it's not nearly as nice as yours!

As for the V's and trunk log emblem, check out the parts thread. I think someone posted some (though could be mistaken) not long ago!

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Make note of the teal and white license plate...

1989 OHIO.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Quote Originally Posted by CADforce69 View Post
    Last saturday, I took Rex to my girlīs mum country house. Not a very comfortable trip due to the front wheels shaking from time to time but I had to take him out from my too small parking space in the city. I could wash it before I put on a cover, a little distributor and carb tune up and a photo session to post some pics as I promised weeks ago:

My girl loves him

This plate is the original one. Registered in Madrid (Spain) on july 31 1969

I know: What are those lights doing in the rear bumper? Requirements to adapt the car to the european car light regulations. Iīm planning taking that out, changing back up lights for turn lights (just an orange bulb and wire change) and looking for the original moldings (not very easy to find)

Rear view is spectacular. I love it! Other thinks to look for: Trunk lock emblem and new "V". By the way: Which ones are compatible? Not many 69 trunk lock emblem ads.

I have already with me rear fenders "Sedan de Ville" and trunk "Cadillac" badges to put on.

upload images

Thereīs a lot of work to do with chrome but Iīll make it shine... Whatīs a cadillac without shiny chrome parts? New headlights are coming too. Iīve got another left turn light in the trunk. Cracked but not broken.

New parts for steering, bands, points, brakes and trunk seal are on the way. Soon pics of the interior.
    You'll probably need to get a new rear bumper center section. I'm willing to bet they cut the existing one to install those conforming lights. BTW, there's a pair of NOS Deville bumper trim fillers on ebay right now. Be careful you don't get a Calais rear bumper center, as it has no provision for the trim plates.

As for the trunk lock cover, 1965-1969 and 1972-1976 should work well. 1970-1971 and 1977+ are too big, and pre-1965 the lock wasn't covered.

The old gentleman is looking good! Fix that front end, and you'll really be loving the car!

greencadillacmatt is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '93 Cadillac SDV

Such a distinguished looking car. I want one!

dream67caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): .....83 DeVille - cruiser.....67 DeVille - project.....

i cant wait to get the 67 running

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    man that is a thing of beauty! I'm so jealous, I just painted my 69 calais but it's not nearly as nice as yours!

As for the V's and trunk log emblem, check out the parts thread. I think someone posted some (though could be mistaken) not long ago!
    Youīve done a good work with your 69 calais, considering that you did it yourself. The car has improved a lot. Maybe it just needs some polish. Mine was originally gold and had a vynil top (donīt know which color). The man who sold me the car, bought it blue, and he painted it again 5 years ago. The color is very similar to an original 69 cadillac one, as 77 CDV wrote months ago (Athenean blue). I have found some other 69 that color in the web; I think heīs right. The paint job done on my '69 is fairly good but not perfect. If you could watch it live you could find some defects, but the worst thing is that door panels are badly adjusted, as they took them out for painting. Right doors can not be locked, as lock knobs are stopped by too high mounted door panels. Another thing I have to fix.

Thanks for your info about emblems. Iīll check it.

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    You'll probably need to get a new rear bumper center section. I'm willing to bet they cut the existing one to install those conforming lights. BTW, there's a pair of NOS Deville bumper trim fillers on ebay right now. Be careful you don't get a Calais rear bumper center, as it has no provision for the trim plates.

As for the trunk lock cover, 1965-1969 and 1972-1976 should work well. 1970-1971 and 1977+ are too big, and pre-1965 the lock wasn't covered.

The old gentleman is looking good! Fix that front end, and you'll really be loving the car!
    Iīm afraid youīre right about rear bumper too. Some day Iīll try to take added lenses out and see the damage done. I hope the hole can be mostly covered by trim plates, as shipping cost to Spain must be very high and most sellers are not willing to ship that part to abroad. If I could find a cheap way, it would be great as rear bumper is slightly dented when checked carefully.

Yes, I want to change headlights, polish front bumper, grill and light bezels and take out rust from front bumper ends (right end is worse), and Rex will recover all his splendor... And then, I will face interior restoration, but thatīs another story. Iīd like it was ready for my brotherīs wedding, next september 10, but when you are talking about restoring a 41 years old car you never know.

Thanx for your info about lock cover. It will help me a lot

Quote Originally Posted by greencadillacmatt View Post
    Such a distinguished looking car. I want one!
    You are lucky. For the same price I paid you can get one in USA in much better condition; maybe just little details to fix... But I have an advantage: Classic cadillacs are so scarce in Spain that driving Rex is a real spectacle; everyone turns as he passes by

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.