Tranny and Motor Mount
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Rippy Cadillac Discussion, Tranny and Motor Mount in Authorized Cadillac Vendors; Chris, I took the STS to Trent Cadillac about a month ago and they told me my transmission mount was ...
    ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Tranny and Motor Mount

Chris,

I took the STS to Trent Cadillac about a month ago and they told me my transmission mount was shot. They didn't give me a part number, but they did put the list price on it and it was $134.08. I need to see how much that part is and also how much a center motor mount will cost. Mine isn't broken yet, but with the subframe already being dropped I figure I'll go ahead and kill two birds with one stone. Curious to also know how much labor would be getting these two parts installed, along with two front control arms and an alignment? Here's the VIN. Will be calling you up tomorrow most likely. Thanks!

1G6KY5498YU246048

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Tranny and Motor Mount

I'm not sure if you were asking for just the labor on the control arms or labor and parts prices so I just did both. Well I'm actually waiting on the service manager to get back to me about the labor. I'll post that up as soon as he gets back to me

Also, I'll have to order the trans mount (and the control arms if you do want to order them). There's two mounts showing right now in the Charlotte warehouse so if we can order one of those before 4pm then we'll get it tomorrow - same with the control arms but there's plenty of stock available on those.

Trans Mount (LH/Driver's Side)
    $134.08 - list price
    $95.53 - your price

Motor Mount (Front/Center)
    $150.67 - list price
    $107.34 - your price

RH Control Arm
    $270.95 - list price
    $193.05 - your price

LH Control Arm
    $270.44 - list price
    $192.69 - your price

Nut (required w/ new control arms)
    $5.00 - list price each
    $3.13 - your price each

And another thing - I'm sure we already talked about this - but why (again) are you changing out the control arms? They don't usually wear out their bushings.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Thanks for the quick reply Chris!

My control arm bushings are shot. They've been making creaking noises for about 3 years now, so I figure it's time to have them replaced. I actually went aftermarket with those and got them off Rockauto for $50 a piece and they included the ball joint. I'll give you a call this afternoon about the mounts though. I appreciate it.

Ryan

ok cool
    looks like about 5 hours of labor for all that work so about $450-$500

btw, when are you planning on coming in?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Ordering the parts this afternoon... Gonna be coming in after the first of the year. Gotta wait for tax time to come before I jump in and get this work done. Appreciate it!

cool ... just wondering

Chris,

I called the dealership today to get the parts ordered and they said you were on vacation. I didn't want to mention anything to them about the parts because I wanted to use you. My mom wanted to go ahead and get them ordered (they're for Christmas) so I ordered them from GM Parts Direct instead. Prices were about the same, but damn I forgot how expensive their shipping was.

That's ok but in the future you can order from us if I'm my there. Just mention that you're a forum member to get the discount.

Merry Christmas

Yea I didn't know how that worked... Didn't want to get you in trouble. Next time I know though so I can get them from you. Appreciate your time as always.

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    That's ok but in the future you can order from us if I'm my there. Just mention that you're a forum member to get the discount.

Merry Christmas
    Well my taxes came in today so I should be in business within the next few weeks about getting down there. Want to do the 2 control arms, tranny and motor mount, alignment, oil change and tire rotation and balance. I'm also curious to know what other bushings I would need to replace while it's apart? $600 is my budget for all this work so if I can't do anything other than what l have listed above that's ok. Probably going to schedule sometime near the middle of February. Thanks!

Ryan

It's probably best if you start talking with one of the service guys even if you're not quite ready to set up an appointment yet. You can either just call in and ask for me and I'll set you up with one of them or I can have one of them call you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.