03 CTS parts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Rippy Cadillac Discussion, 03 CTS parts in Authorized Cadillac Vendors; Chris... can you quote me on a few parts please for a 03 CTS (1G6DM57N030134812) 1. oil drain plug 2. ...
    txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

03 CTS parts

Chris...

can you quote me on a few parts please for a 03 CTS (1G6DM57N030134812)

1. oil drain plug

2. TCM (transmission control module)

3. lower valiance (the plastic on the front of the car but underneath that protects things from flying up into the engine from under the car

thanks in advance and you can reply here or to my email txbest1980@yahoo.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: 03 CTS parts

Drain Plug
    $9.34 list
    $5.84 your price

Lower Deflector
    $86.23 list
    $69.59 your price

TCM
    $362.81 list
    $258.51 your price

EDIT: looks like the TCM is on backorder (that's the bad news)
    I can still get you one (located from another dealer) but it might take a couple weeks
    BUT
    while looking into this I checked the original part number and found out that there was stock at VPI (vintage parts inc)
    AND
    the discontinued original modules are cheaper from VPI (usually VPI keeps the same pricing even though they pay pennies on the dollar for discontinued stock)
    SO
    if you want to go with the old/original part number (#24223207) from VPI it will only cost you $170.72 and it will only take 3-4 days for me to get it

cheers,
    chris
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

well i will definitely take the drain plug for sure right now and will soon get the other parts from you...if you can give me total cost for the drain plug with shipping to

Jerad M. Heilman
    1561 Cottonwood Canyon
    Benson AZ 85602

shipping on the drain plug is going to bring you above the list price... you might as well just go to your local dealer ... but if you insist i'll sell it to ya
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

i would waste more gas going to my local dealer and please they suck at customer service and everything else, including there parts department...

shipping would be $13

so your total would be $18.84

Chris...i got the plug in the mail thrusday, but just opened it today. this is not the oil drain plug, but it is the tranny plug. the oil drain plug is not a hex, but just a regular wrench fits on there...this is unless they changed them recently, because my 03 and the 06 that i always work on have the same plugs

the part number did change... so that might be it

unless i goofed...

what's the part number on the bag? there should be two stickers... make sure they both have the same part number on them
    (and double check it against the part number on the invoice)

i'll double check that number against the parts catalog in the morning tomorrow when i get in to work

after looking at post # 2 in this thread and looking at the invoice and the part packaging itself, all the part numbers are the same. only problem is, on the parts packing it says trans plug, therein which i know for certain that it is the tranny plug and not the oil drain plug like i need. so can you price me the oil drain plug

after double-checking and asking a few of the guys in the shop and everyone seems to agree that the packaging is just incorrect in calling it an A/TRNS PLUG .. everyone says that is the oil drain plug

that is the exact plug and packaging i received from you...do you have any other kind of plug around there you can snap a pic of? because my 03's oil drain plug is not like that at all, neither is the 06 CTS that I work on either. even my 05 and 06 STS dont have that has an oil drain plug. but that is the same exact thing as my tranny drain plug though

i just dont want to drain the oil, then this plug dont fit right, then i need another one. i dont believe in recycling my oil, so i just dont want to pay for two more 5 quart containers of oil you know

the only way that plug won't work on your car is if it's been stripped before and someone put a oversize plug in there

that plug has been used on this engine back when it was the 3.0L in the catera and the saturns ... the '03 CTS 3.2L was the last year of this engine (in cadillacs... saturns used the 3.0L thru 2005)

i can't really think of any other reason that your plug isn't the OEM plug (as far as I know they haven't changed the design - it's always been torx)

well i have a difference of opinion here...i asked the question in the 1st gen CTS section and the concesus is that it is a 13mm hex head and not a torx head...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...rain-plug.html

well i can call GM's parts help line tomorrow and tripple check with them
    they'll have a record of issues tied to that part number and we'll see what they say

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.