Cadillac Escalade emblems - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Rippy Cadillac Discussion, Cadillac Escalade emblems in Authorized Cadillac Vendors; Sorry I haven't responded in awhile. I am actually out of town right now. If there was something smaller that ...
    ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

Re: Cadillac Escalade emblems

Sorry I haven't responded in awhile. I am actually out of town right now. If there was something smaller that was similar then that would work great. The key is to have the black background come past the emblem itself.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i'm not sure what else there is... i think that's the only emblem that has the background like that

(the previous generation of escalades had a similar 'disc' style emblem for the rear hatch, but there's a hole in it for the window release button)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Right now I'm starting from scratch with the wheels to see if I can come up with something else that will work with a chrome emblem. I don't want to put a chrome emblem against a chrome background but rather a black background.

What about doing exposed lug nuts and having just a small center cap like the GM accessory wheels use?
    http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...3-P3680C0.aspx
    (i can sell them for about the same price as that site is showing them for)

or this one with the colored crest
    http://www.crateenginedepot.com/site...65750-6502.htm
    (price on those is around $38 each at the discount)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

That second one would be perfect if I can get the black background. Would you happen to know what the dimensions are? If I can get with the black background, colored emblem, that's smaller than the last one (can't be bigger than 6" in diameter) then I'm sold.

those two are the type of center cap that fits inside the lugnuts, not over them. The lug nuts would be exposed and this cap snaps into the hole thru the center of the wheel

I would guess it's about 3" in diameter... maybe a bit more

there are a couple members here who have had this emblem powdercoated

check out this thread
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...st-couple.html

The size is perfect. I'm sold. Is there a way you can just order the ones with the black background? I clicked on the link you sent me and the site offered ones with the black background. Thanks.

what was the part number?

i've never seen a black background cap (for cadillac wheels)

i looked around that site and it said 'featuring the colored crest with a black or silver background or a chrome crest with a silver background' but I couldn't find the ones with the black background

That's the one. The one with the colored crest with the black background will work. I was looking at Center Cap 19165750. It says in the description "Personalize your Cadillac with one of several accessory center caps, featuring the colored crest with a black or silver background or a chrome crest with a silver background." They don't offer it with the black background?

Edit: I see what you're talking about. There's a description to get the black background but no option to select it. Maybe I can call them and see what that's all about.

yeah that might be a good idea...

if you can get a part number i can see what kind of deal i can get you

i feel bad saying that (since i'm the parts guy) but i can only seem to find those two (color crest w/ silver background and all chrome version)

Well, I did a bit of research and came up with some interesting info. I went back to that thread you linked me to and re-read the entire thread. I noticed that some folks had done something similar to their CTS except they bought the center caps with the black background. One guy mention getting them from e-bay. So I went there searching because that's the same place I got my gold wreaths from for my other Cadillac. Found a company that was selling them on e-bay that even had a GM parts number. So I wrote that number down and called Crate Engine Depot (the site you linked me to) and first asked about whether they offered the center cap with the black background. He said he couldn't offer it with black background so I told him what I found on e-bay and gave him the GM part number that I found. He punched it in and he said that the part number was replaced by another part number and is now discontinued. So apparently it's no longer in stock. The part number I found was 09595791. I don't know if you'll be able to get them, but I figured I'd give you a shot first before trying Schram auto parts or an e-bay seller since you've been helping me out so much. Here's the link to the e-bay page where I found them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...item3f0484727e

That part number is discontinued... it actually changes to a 9596629 but that one is discon. also

there are a few dealers that still have it in stock though

try calling Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac
    703-824-9670

They show 6 in stock ...

let him know that I sent you

Cheers,
    Chris

Thanks. I will do that. That's actually where I get both my Cadillacs serviced and where I bought my 2011 DTS as well.

Just called Luke and so far, his info says they're on back order but not discontinued. He said he may not want to sell them because he has them for people who buy the black CTS-V wheels. He doesn't want limit his option to sell them to a CTS-V person who buys the wheels. So he said he's going to do some more research to see if they are indeed discontinued or possibly find another dealer nationally that has them. So he said he'll give me a call and see what options are available between now and the time I get back to VA.

yeah they should be able to give you a fairly good discount on those caps
    (make sure to mention you are a forum member - and a loyal customer of theirs)
    and tell Luke I said 'hello'

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.