Rear Entertainmaent parts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Rippy Cadillac Discussion, Rear Entertainmaent parts in Authorized Cadillac Vendors; Cant find a part number but im looking for the A/V RCA jacks that come with the entertainment package on ...
    comonroots is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02' EXT

Rear Entertainmaent parts

Cant find a part number but im looking for the A/V RCA jacks that come with the entertainment package on 02-06 escalades. My rear console bezel has 3 round vertical cutouts that are perfect for RCA jacks. I just cant find any parts that go there nor can i find the entire bezel with them built in. I already have the wires ran just need the jacks. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Rear Entertainmaent parts

i'm not too familiar with what you're talking about

can you take some pictures?
    one of the wires you have and one of the spot that the jacks you need plug into?

i'm tempted to think that what you're talking about is a generic a/v cable that can be found at basically any radioshack for a couple bucks (which would explain why gm doesn't really carry it as a part and you can't find it)

but i could be way off here, so the pictures could help a lot
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Here's the rear bezel. Bottom left corner of the bezel are 3 holes. I left one plugged. I'm assuming these are for AUX jacks for the vehicles that come with a full entertainment package.

Here is a close-up of the holes. I bought some RCA jacks but they arent wide enough.

JMAC

That is a custom setup. GM did not offer rear entertainment jacks in that console like that. I asked around in my shop and they all said that was custom work.

Do you have any idea who would have installed it?

If not you will probably have to take it to a local aftermarket a/v shop for help if you can't find what you need at radioshack or online.
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Hmm. Ok. The holes looked factory to me. I live in a small town in RI and bought the truck in Cali. Needless to say, small town small shops. I've been searching all over the web and closest I found was that jack j avowed in the picture.
    Thanks for the help though.

BTW, where did GM put the REC jacks?

JMAC

the jacks on the factory roof mounted systems are up in the roof where the player is (at least that's what the guys in the shop are telling me)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.