Looking to fix and order some parts..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Rippy Cadillac Discussion, Looking to fix and order some parts.. in Authorized Cadillac Vendors; I have a 1999 Seville STS I got these codes and trying to fix these issues. Any help in this ...
    bsstyle2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Seville STS 4.6L V8

Looking to fix and order some parts..

I have a 1999 Seville STS

I got these codes and trying to fix these issues. Any help in this area would be great.

C1252 - a problem with either the left front strut or its electrical connector.
    U1255 - Voltage or data transmision fault.
    C1711 - Goes with C1252 - RSS (Road Sensing Suspension). Something is wrong with the strut control circuit.
    C1738 - The ELC (rear shock Electronic Level Control) compressor solenoid exhaust assembly has a fault. Up in the RR wheel well liner.
    C1783 - Chassis Control system - this is a new one on me.

Not sure if it's something I just need to replace or what yet. Just trying to figure it out as I just got the car about a week ago.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Looking to fix and order some parts..

best place for this question would be in the 'seville/eldorado' forum

once the experts there have helped you figure out which parts to order come back and we can talk parts and prices...

but first... are you pulling your own codes through the onboard computer? or are you using a scan tool?
    second... are those codes all current? or some history? or are there other history codes that you didn't list?

if you're not using the onboard computer to pull the codes read the sticky in the seville/eldo forum about pulling your own codes and do it yourself
    then write down all the codes and note history or current
    then go back to the sticky and follow the link to the obd2 code definitions and write down what those codes mean

then start your own thread with the codes and definitions and any other info that you think might help....

you will get a lot more help that way instead of just posting the codes expecting the other members to go look them up and figure out what they mean

cheers,
    chris
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

bsstyle2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Seville STS 4.6L V8

Yea I made a post, trying to narrow down what the issues are. Those are all current codes history was cleared. Going to see if I can figure it out. Once I do I will be back.

Thanks

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Ok, it looks like there's some good responses in that thread to point you in a good direction to start diagnosing this
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.