02 Deville rear map light parts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Rippy Cadillac Discussion, 02 Deville rear map light parts in Authorized Cadillac Vendors; Well when I was changing the light bulb shit flew everywhere are the springs contacts and connectors available? The part ...
    Fast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville DTS

02 Deville rear map light parts

Well when I was changing the light bulb shit flew everywhere are the springs contacts and connectors available? The part that sandwitches together lost all of the plastic nubs also as they broke off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: 02 Deville rear map light parts

you're talking about #11 - #16 right?

those parts are all sold separately ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I am pretty sure it is #12 and #15

There is a spring a brass piece and two plastic gear pieces that acts like a pen when you push the button, These go between the two parts 12 and 15.

12 has the wire with the end that also broke, it fits together with another piece that has female holes.

So basically #12, #15, and the spring, plastic gears is what I am looking for.

where can I get a digital copy of the pictures you have posted with the breakdown of parts for the full car?

OK, so #12 is the switch and #15 is the button... the button is color coded to your interior so your VIN would be the best thing to use to make sure we get the right color

the buttons range in price depending on the color, but you're in the $40 area (for both parts) at the discount
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    OK, so #12 is the switch and #15 is the button... the button is color coded to your interior so your VIN would be the best thing to use to make sure we get the right color

the buttons range in price depending on the color, but you're in the $40 area (for both parts) at the discount
    Do they come with the spring and little plastic gears? Im not worried about the button color because I just need the spring and plastic gear things if they come with them, do they come with them?

I really don't know - you're seeing just about everything I'm seeing besides the full descriptions (which aren't much more than 'pushbutton' and 'switch') and the prices

i would guess that the switch has the spring part and the button just pops on to it (or maybe pops into the bezel) and just presses down on the switch

-----

and to answer your question about the online catalogs there's a couple different places you can go

gmpartsgiant.com has a decent catalog but you have to sign up to get the full part numbers
    compnine.com has a good catalog (and easy links for posting the pictures here) but often will not have any part numbers and i think 2008 is the newest year they have

another good online catalog is the acdelco parts catalog at http://parts-catalog.acdelco.com

there are other places too i'm sure but i tend to not use them since i've got the full gm catalog at my disposal

Thanks again! as luck would have it i found the pieces I needed.

cool... glad you found them

Black Beauty DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac DTS

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am looking for the same parts as the OP which would be items #12 and #15. My car is a 2001 Cadillac Deville DTS and the interior color is black. Do you have these parts in stock?

i don't show a button with black/ebony color to it ... can I get your VIN? that will sort out the color issue and make sure there aren't any other mistakes

My VIN is 1G6KF579X1U136576

ok, so apparently the button has been discontinued in your color (#15)

the switch (#12) i can still get in just a day or two
    $43.29 - list price
    $32.46 - forum discount

Thank you for checking. I'm not sure if the button has the spring mechanism attached to the back of it, because the diagram is showing #12 as the electrical switch that the spring mounts into.

If that is all that #12 has, then the button would have the spring mechanism. Also, I won't need a color matching button since I have that already. I'm currently missing the internal spring mechanism which I can remove from whatever button you can get.

Do you have any button in stock? If you do, that would be the only way to determine if the the spring comes with it.

Ok if you send me a reminder on Thursday I'll check if the spring comes w the button. I think it does.

Will do. Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.