Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New Parts, New Assignment, Not Enough Time

3K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  AAIIIC 
#1 ·
For those of you who have seen the thread, my V is currently in the middle of a seat and roll bar install. It has taken a lot longer than I expected it to, but that seems to generally be the case. In addition to that I have a bunch of parts laying on my bedroom floor ready to go in to include G-Force 9" rear kit, SKF hubs x4, Revshift bushings, V2 yellow calipers and clear fog housings.

That said, a couple weeks ago I got selected for my next assignment (I'm in the Air Force). Here's some info on the program I'm doing if anyone is interested: http://www.afghanwarnews.info/afpakhands.htm , http://www.jcs.mil/page.aspx?id=52

Anyway, it looks like I'm going to be moving to the DC area at the end of next month. Not a lot of time to get a bunch of stuff I have to do done, let alone mess with modding my car. Not to mention, I'm putting all this money into my car to make it better on the track just to not even get to go. First world problems, man. :bonkers:

#4 ·
Oh no, I realize that. I'm not really going to have much time to head to the track though. I'll be gone elsewhere for half the time doing various training, etc. Then I'll be out of the country for a year. Not complaining, just sharing I guess.

#5 ·
Thought I'd add a picture:

#7 ·
^Surprisingly, your not the first one to have offered... :D

#8 ·
You're also going to be awfully close to Lindsay Cadillac too.

So now Rob can fix the things you break at Summit and VIR with parts from Luke...

#19 ·
I was thinking about that. That's where the calipers came from among other parts that I have. Any suggestions on somebody to install the 9" kit?

How do you afford all those goodies being in the Military??? I served many years and couldn't afford to buy a V, decides being able to MOD it. Nice assortment of parts you have there..Good luck in DC.
Not many expenses and misplaced priorities... :D

You're probably less likely to get shot in Afghanistan. (sorry rjoffe...I just can't stand that city).
Hopefully neither happens, but we'll see.

Just let the movers box all that stuff up and save it until a later date, unless you actually need it on the car to move it. For my last PCS last year, I was still recovering from blowing my engine at VIR, so I had to get that fixed or I couldn't move the car. Other stuff could wait, like the GMPP rear diff cooler that I've had for a couple years now and still haven't installed. :rolleyes:

I had this engine for my Subaru in that metal crate moved from MD to RI to WA to VA (DC) over the course of 4 years. I have so many car parts and tools that the guys were calling me "NAPA" when they unloaded my stuff in the DC area. :p

Oh, and the DC area is a great place to live. I'm not sure what mstrjon32 ran into, but I stayed out of the 1% of the region that is the "bad part of town" and never had any issues. Same goes for living in any major metropolitan area.
Yeah, that's the plan. My other two moves I did full DITYs but not this time. I need to take care of the extra cars I have ASAP though.

Thank you for your service, god willing it will all work out just fine. Take care and best of luck!.
Thanks.

#12 ·
Yeah, not sure which will be more. That or the US to Afghanistan... :D

#17 ·
In addition to that I have a bunch of parts laying on my bedroom floor ready to go in to include G-Force 9" rear kit, SKF hubs x4, Revshift bushings, V2 yellow calipers and clear fog housings.

Anyway, it looks like I'm going to be moving to the DC area at the end of next month. Not a lot of time to get a bunch of stuff I have to do done, let alone mess with modding my car. Not to mention, I'm putting all this money into my car to make it better on the track just to not even get to go. First world problems, man. :bonkers:
Just let the movers box all that stuff up and save it until a later date, unless you actually need it on the car to move it. For my last PCS last year, I was still recovering from blowing my engine at VIR, so I had to get that fixed or I couldn't move the car. Other stuff could wait, like the GMPP rear diff cooler that I've had for a couple years now and still haven't installed. :rolleyes:

I had this engine for my Subaru in that metal crate moved from MD to RI to WA to VA (DC) over the course of 4 years. I have so many car parts and tools that the guys were calling me "NAPA" when they unloaded my stuff in the DC area. :p

Oh, and the DC area is a great place to live. I'm not sure what mstrjon32 ran into, but I stayed out of the 1% of the region that is the "bad part of town" and never had any issues. Same goes for living in any major metropolitan area.

#20 ·
Any suggestions in the DC area to do the 9" install in a couple months?

Also, about to get my car back from the roll bar install. Pictures are in another thread of mine if interested.

#23 ·
^Thanks for the heads up on the cameras. I'm not positive where I'm going to live yet, but have been looking at apartments in the Arlington/Rosslyn area as my four months of language training is nearby. Then when I come back from my first deployment in '15 look into something else elsewhere. I guess I should probably solidify some of these plans soon...

On a somewhat related note, I got something today. Maybe it will help me out in what is to come:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.