Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Needing 1994 Concours upgrade suggestions

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  red_ghost 
#1 ·
Let me start by saying that I am not a mod head or a grease monkey of anykind. I have never even changed a tire. I am mildly intellegent and willing to try to do things myself, so don't judge me. LOL. I think that I can reasonably handle most things so I'm thinking of tackling some small things myself. Anyway...

I bought a 1994 Deville concours with 107,000 miles on it May 4th 2010.
Over all I love the ride on the car and I hope that I didn't get a "lemon", so I hope to keep it for some time. I am also looking for any upgrade and performance parts that I should look into getting. This will be a ongoing process so please list out with any details you may have. I have thought about exhaust, suspension, audio (antiena), tires and wheels, etc. So, any ideas on where I should start would be helpful. Anything that could improve the look too. My car is all stock. I will post pics in a couple hours.

#2 ·
Any kind of "upgrades" on this car are going to be thrown away money. Just fix whatever breaks (and there will be a lot) until it gets too expensive, and then get rid of it...

#5 ·
:yeah:

And let me add two more things to cover other discussions in this thread:

1- I usually consider 100K miles as the point that big and small problems start to pop up from a cadi and there will be no stop for it!

2- The best you can do for a Cadillac is to keep it original, the way it was designed and called a Cadillac! These cars are usually perfect cars and there is not a lot we can do for them, else the engineers in cadillac would do them in first place...

#3 ·
Those Caddy Concours are quite popular around my area. Looks great with upgraded late model Cadillac chrome wheels and tires. That's what a lot of guys in my area upgrade to first. 107,000 miles is not a lot, and you should get a couple of more years of good service from it, providing you take care of the basics.

#4 ·
A set of Vogues, some nice (tastefully sized) chrome rims and maybe some aftermarket lowering springs would set off the exterior quite nicely. Dont know the paint colour, but a good window tint -within your local legal limits - job might also be in order.

Interior is already nicely laid out with the console shifeer, etc. Maybe a nav unit down the road?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.