Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Queston about tail lights

4K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  tinman 
#1 ·
whats up guys. My name is shawn. I'm a Master Tech for a GM dealership in Hudson Valley NY. about 50mins north of nyc. I'm here to meet some new people share and view pics, get meet info, etc. I have always owned GM mainly chevy's but when we took in a trade of a 2008 CTS4 DI model from a 62 yr old man with only 18k on it at a dealer price I HAD TO BUY IT as i have always wanted one. if you have any Technical questions feel free to shoot me a message.

With that aside im looking to tint my tail lights. and im curious to the best way to go about it on the cts, tint film, spray can, etc and do you have pics of yours done and how you did it.

heres a photo of my girl

See less See more
#7 ·
On my car before I had my taillights sprayed so it was a really dark red, then I wanted them completely black, so I just went to a place where they did the tint film on top of it.

Honestly, the tint looks just as good as the spray.

I had them blacked out for about 2 years and then was pulled over by a random highway trooper with nothing else to do. I think it isn't even illegal in my city, bc the ticket description was pretty bogus.

But I had to pay like $5 for the guy to heat gun the film off. Once the film was off, the lights were still dark b/c they were sprayed before. However, just show them i took the film off. If they were sprayed completely black I would have had to buy new taillights or deal with it in court

Original sprayed it was about $60 a light
tint it was about $70 for both lights

I suggest if your going to do it, black them out, b/c when I had my lights slightly tinted I always wanted them darker.

All in all it was worth the look for the time i had my taillights tinted. Right now I have a black CTS, so I actually like the red lights.

-G

#16 ·
If anyone's interested, I'm selling my "euro-style" 3rd brake light. It looked awesome on my raven black sedan. It was on my car for literally 45 minutes; I took it off because I hadn't purchased the tail lights yet. Alas, I sold my sedan for a coupe and have no use for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.