Cadillac Owners Forum banner
20K views 125 replies 29 participants last post by  leija_01 
#1 ·
What do you think??

I have absolutely no idea how it happened . . .

H m m m m, another set of Pirelli Euphoria's bite the dust.

Now what to get? . . . My local Firestone is really pimping the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity.

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow! That looks like my old tires before I replaced them. How many miles did you get out of the run-craps this time? Mine lasted about 18,500 before looking like this, and I think that was pretty good.

I put Goodyear F1 All Season tires on mine and really like them. Good handling, a much better ride and (supposedly) longer treadlife.

#12 ·
Your picture looks almost exactly like the ones I saw yesterday watching the Nascar Brickyard 400. At least you got a little better mileage than they were getting yesterday - 15 to 20 laps - or less than 50 miles per tire change. Goodyear can't be real happy with THAT kind of advertising.

Bob

#13 ·
Your picture looks almost exactly like the ones I saw yesterday watching the Nascar Brickyard 400. At least you got a little better mileage than they were getting yesterday - 15 to 20 laps - or less than 50 miles per tire change. Goodyear can't be real happy with THAT kind of advertising.

Bob
At least none of the Pirelli POS tires have disintegrated and taken out a whole fender.... yet.

#15 ·
255/45ZR18 Pirelli PZero Rosso Blackwall Asimmetrico
In Stock $259.00 x2 = $518.00

275/40ZR19 Pirelli PZero Rosso Blackwall Asimmetrico
In Stock $290.00 x2 = $580.00

275/40ZR19 Continental ContiSportContact 2
In Stock $327.00 x2 = $654.00

255/45ZR18 Continental ContiSportContact 2
In Stock $232.00 x2 = $464.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like the PZero Rosso I have but was wondering if the Conti was any better?

#21 ·
I need to replace my Pirelli "Run Craps" also. It's hard to find an exact match on the sizes for other brands. I want a quieter and less harsh tire. Michelin PS2's seem like a great choice, but they only make a 255-40-18 for the front, which is 1/2 - 1 inch lower than factory. Is anyone running these? The other choices seem to be Goodyear GS-D3's, Continentals, Yokohama's, or more Pirelli's. Which one are most of you going with out there? PS: I'm in Phoenix. The tires will never see winter weather. Thanks!

#26 ·
I don't know if they are worth $60 more a tire for the exact same rating.
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
(Max Performance Summer)

Size: 275/40ZR19

Serv. Desc: 101Y Load Index 101 = 1819lbs (825kg) per tire
Speed Rating “Y” = 186mph (300kph) UTQG: Treadwear: 220
Traction: AA
Temperature: A220 AA A
Price: $352.00 (each)
Estimated Availability: Fewer than 11
Pirelli PZero Rosso
(Max Performance Summer)

Size: 275/40ZR19

Serv. Desc: 101Y Load Index 101 = 1819lbs (825kg) per tire
Speed Rating “Y” = 186mph (300kph) UTQG: Treadwear: 220
Traction: AA
Temperature: A220 AA A
Price: $290.00 (each)
Estimated Availability: In Stock

#31 ·
I'll tell you one thing, if you hate tire noise, stay away from the GSD3. I am about half worn, and they are so loud I can barely stand it. My lease is up in 6 months, and 2 of those will be winter so the V won't see street duty or else I would be tempted to replace them. I couldn't stand these tires for another year, I'd go crazy. Needless to say I am severly disappointed in noise and in performance from the GSD3. I'll never buy them again.

#35 ·
I'll tell you one thing, if you hate tire noise, stay away from the GSD3. I am about half worn, and they are so loud I can barely stand it. My lease is up in 6 months, and 2 of those will be winter so the V won't see street duty or else I would be tempted to replace them. I couldn't stand these tires for another year, I'd go crazy. Needless to say I am severly disappointed in noise and in performance from the GSD3. I'll never buy them again.
I'm glad its not just me but these GSD3s are really loud. What is the story here? Have you asked GoodYear?

#32 ·
I have a 2008 STS (not a V) with performance handling package with 18"x8.5" 6 lug wheels and Brembos. It comes with 255/45ZR18 Michelin Pilot Sport (summer only) all around, which will not last forever.
How large an 18" tire is equivalent to the 275/40ZR19s on the rear of the V, or what other size will clear?
Does anyone have any experience (clearance issues) with fronts larger than 255/45ZR18?
It's a lease so I'm not changing the wheels.
Woulda considered a V if it came in red.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.