Looking for a car? Have a question? Post here! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Plaza Cadillac Discussion, Looking for a car? Have a question? Post here! in Authorized Cadillac Vendors; Tony, The word is the B20 will be available 10/8. Can you check to see if it's really available. I ...
    LFG
    LFG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08' CTS Gold Mist/Cashmere, PDQ, FE2, 18" Polished Wheels

Re: Looking for a car? Have a question? Post here!

Tony, The word is the B20 will be available 10/8. Can you check to see if it's really available. I have a friend who wants to order, but wants the B20. Sounds like you are the man to order from......Thanks Lew.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

According to the National Constraints Report today (10/9/2007) B20 is no longer on constraint, so it should be included.

I am in fact the man to order from (), so have your friend give me a call on my cell and I'll get the order in for them. Thanks for posting.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

LFG

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    According to the National Constraints Report today (10/9/2007) B20 is no longer on constraint, so it should be included.

I am in fact the man to order from (), so have your friend give me a call on my cell and I'll get the order in for them. Thanks for posting.
    Tony , Can you check with GM to make sure it's available before he calls you, thanks. There's a post in the 2008 CTS forum that it's still not available. Here is the post. (10/8-6:18pm)
    Quote Originally Posted by 928S View Post
    Gen. Mgr. of my local Cadillac dealership received an update regarding B20 wood trim on steering wheel and shift knob, and my salesman just read it to me over the phone. From GM Cadillac Div, dated today October 8, 2007, it essentially says that B20 wood trim remains unavailable until further notice. CTS and other effected models ordered with B20 will be built without it, and appropriate price adjustments will be made.

I just called the DBC, and they confirmed it is no longer on constraint. I don't know where the other guy is getting his info from, but according to my report and the DBC it is not.

Should be good to go .
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

LFG

Thanks Tony, I'll have him call, what is DBC?

Dealer Business Center
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL

www.cadillactony.com

Chuck is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Hi Tony,
    I have a chance to buy an '04 CTS-V with only 16,xxx miles previously owned by a 65 yr.old man. The car appears to be in perfect condition complete with new OE tires. I have read about some of the rear end issues and am concerned. My "spirited driving" consists of running through the gears on occasion from a roll. I just now got the results of my VIN check and see that the transmission was replaced last month. Have those been an issue too?
    I really like the car but it will be my DD and I need some reassurance. Thanks in advance for your help.

Chuck

Howdy, Chuck!

The rear differential issues on the CTS are blown way out of proportion on these forums. There are an above average number of CTSs that have a "hum" or "whine" noise from the differential at certain speeds, but it's certainly not a sign of failure and definitely nothing to be overly concerned about. Make a few tight turns in a parking lot to be sure there's no clunking or binding in the rear and you should be fine. I'd recommend asking the dealer to drain and refill the differential with fresh synthetic fluid and a bottle of "friction modifier" (all parts departments have it) just to start with fresh fluid back there.

As far as the transmission, I haven't seen too many of those replaced, but cars are made by humans and some just break. As long as the new transmission is acting properly, I'd consider it a bonus (new tranny! )

Thanks for valuing my advice, and if you have any other questions relating to the car or the purchase then let me know!
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL

www.cadillactony.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Howdy, Chuck!

The rear differential issues on the CTS are blown way out of proportion on these forums. There are an above average number of CTSs that have a "hum" or "whine" noise from the differential at certain speeds, but it's certainly not a sign of failure and definitely nothing to be overly concerned about. Make a few tight turns in a parking lot to be sure there's no clunking or binding in the rear and you should be fine. I'd recommend asking the dealer to drain and refill the differential with fresh synthetic fluid and a bottle of "friction modifier" (all parts departments have it) just to start with fresh fluid back there.

As far as the transmission, I haven't seen too many of those replaced, but cars are made by humans and some just break. As long as the new transmission is acting properly, I'd consider it a bonus (new tranny! )

Thanks for valuing my advice, and if you have any other questions relating to the car or the purchase then let me know!
    Hi Tony,
    The dealer said the trans had a vibration in 6th at 70 mph. I spoke to the previous owner and he said he had not noticed it so it must have been pretty minor. I test drove it yesterday, bought it this morning and I pick it up Monday. I'm not a "clutch-dropper" so hopefully I won't have any diff issues. The car appears to be a perfect blend of performance, luxury, and 4-door convenience. Thanks for you help.

Chuck

You're quite welcome, Chuck. Congratulations on the new car.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL

www.cadillactony.com

Thanks Tony. I drove it home and put it in the garage so I haven't had a chance to enjoy it yet. I need to drive my '01 Regal GS for exposure so I can get it sold.

Chuck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.