Portland, Oregon?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Pacific Discussion, Portland, Oregon? in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Just testing the waters to see if anyone is out there....
    cmgrafmc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cotillion White Brougham

Portland, Oregon?

Just testing the waters to see if anyone is out there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Re: Portland, Oregon?

I'm an hour south of Portland in Independence (across the Willamette and about 10 miles southwest of Salem). I get up to Portland fairly often and would certainly make the drive for a meet. I also have a '64 Chevy Impala and take it to a number of car shows in the Portland area during the spring and summer.

There is a group of forum members in Seattle that had a meet scheduled for last Saturday, with another on May 27. I'm planning to attend that meet, so if any Oregonians want to caravan up I-5, send me a PM or e-mail to gary@gdwriter.com.

cmgrafmc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cotillion White Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter
    I'm an hour south of Portland in Independence (across the Willamette and about 10 miles southwest of Salem). I get up to Portland fairly often and would certainly make the drive for a meet. I also have a '64 Chevy Impala and take it to a number of car shows in the Portland area during the spring and summer.
    I bet I've seen you around without knowing it. I go to the different car shows most every year. We had a gorgeous '61 Impala that my uncle built for us before he went into the Corvette business. We sold it a couple of years back, sadly. Let me know when you're planning to come up for another one, I'd love to see the Impala in person.

Quote Originally Posted by cmgrafmc
    I bet I've seen you around without knowing it. I go to the different car shows most every year. We had a gorgeous '61 Impala that my uncle built for us before he went into the Corvette business. We sold it a couple of years back, sadly. Let me know when you're planning to come up for another one, I'd love to see the Impala in person.
    I missed most of the car show season last year. The bolts that mount the pulleys to the harmonic balancer sheared off on Memorial Day, and I didn't get Betty back on the road until August (long, ugly story).

I'm taking Betty to a show at Western Oregon University in Monmouth (right next to Independence) this Saturday. The next show I'm attending in the Portland area is Cruisin' Sherwood on June 10. Look for the green four-door hardtop Impala with the big yellow Lab.

XxCBONExX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Seville

Im in Portland. You uhh, wanna fix my 91 seville for me? (just got it)

Quote Originally Posted by XxCBONExX
    Im in Portland. You uhh, wanna fix my 91 seville for me? (just got it)
    Believe me, you don't want me fixing your car. You think it's broken now, just wait. I'm pretty much the opposite of Mr. Goodwrench. But there are lots of people on this forum with good information and advice. I've learned a lot.

DLE
    DLE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT

Whats up guys. I'm in Vancouver, WA, but work in downtown PDX..

Lets have a meet somewhere in Vancouver or Portland. I'm down.

Old Goldy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hi,

I'm in Aloha, just got my first Caddy in May. I bought it for my daughters to drive, but I love it too. It's a gold 1986 DeVille Sedan -- hence the name, Old Goldy. It's in remarkable shape, just a few minor issues that I'm working on. Was searching the internet for a new passenger door mirror when I saw this site.

Anybody know how to put the roof lining back up? Goldy has bubbles in places and it's getting worse.

Thanks for any ideas

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goldy View Post
    Hi,

I'm in Aloha, just got my first Caddy in May. I bought it for my daughters to drive, but I love it too. It's a gold 1986 DeVille Sedan -- hence the name, Old Goldy. It's in remarkable shape, just a few minor issues that I'm working on. Was searching the internet for a new passenger door mirror when I saw this site.

Anybody know how to put the roof lining back up? Goldy has bubbles in places and it's getting worse.

Thanks for any ideas

Dale
    I'm not sure, but I think the headliner can be re-glued or replaced. An automotive upholstery shop should be able to do it.

If that's too expensive, I know a lot of people just use thumbtacks or staples. Looks a little tacky, but better than having the headliner drooping onto your head.

Good luck with the car, and . There's lots of helpful and fun people here.

djvirus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I am in Newport, OR, and just got my first Cadillac - an 04 SRX. I would be up for a Caddy event. I actually work at the Oregon Coast Aquarium, so if you guys want to put something together on the coast, we have a great even room I could donate the use of.

Let me know if there is any interest!

Harlyn

LS1Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): none :(

I am a little further north, Bremerton (Seattle). I get down there from time to time though. I bought my RV in Eugene.

Big Block Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 74 Sedan DeVille

PDX area....

96BIG_BODY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

S.E. portland area anyone got love for lowriders

NOT ON MY WATCH is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): GM bought back my lemon 2008 CTS

Looks like I'll be moving to Portland in the next few months, but I am definitely not into the lowrider scene. However, to each his own...

96BIG_BODY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

anybody else on this site from the portland/vancouver area that lowrides?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.