Cadillac Owners Forum banner
14K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  jasonread3 
#1 ·
Just testing the waters to see if anyone is out there.

#2 ·
I'm an hour south of Portland in Independence (across the Willamette and about 10 miles southwest of Salem). I get up to Portland fairly often and would certainly make the drive for a meet. I also have a '64 Chevy Impala and take it to a number of car shows in the Portland area during the spring and summer.

There is a group of forum members in Seattle that had a meet scheduled for last Saturday, with another on May 27. I'm planning to attend that meet, so if any Oregonians want to caravan up I-5, send me a PM or e-mail to gary@gdwriter.com.

#3 ·
gdwriter said:
I'm an hour south of Portland in Independence (across the Willamette and about 10 miles southwest of Salem). I get up to Portland fairly often and would certainly make the drive for a meet. I also have a '64 Chevy Impala and take it to a number of car shows in the Portland area during the spring and summer.
I bet I've seen you around without knowing it. I go to the different car shows most every year. We had a gorgeous '61 Impala that my uncle built for us before he went into the Corvette business. We sold it a couple of years back, sadly. Let me know when you're planning to come up for another one, I'd love to see the Impala in person.

#4 ·
cmgrafmc said:
I bet I've seen you around without knowing it. I go to the different car shows most every year. We had a gorgeous '61 Impala that my uncle built for us before he went into the Corvette business. We sold it a couple of years back, sadly. Let me know when you're planning to come up for another one, I'd love to see the Impala in person.
I missed most of the car show season last year. The bolts that mount the pulleys to the harmonic balancer sheared off on Memorial Day, and I didn't get Betty back on the road until August (long, ugly story).

I'm taking Betty to a show at Western Oregon University in Monmouth (right next to Independence) this Saturday. The next show I'm attending in the Portland area is Cruisin' Sherwood on June 10. Look for the green four-door hardtop Impala with the big yellow Lab.

#6 ·
XxCBONExX said:
Im in Portland. You uhh, wanna fix my 91 seville for me? (just got it)
Believe me, you don't want me fixing your car. You think it's broken now, just wait. I'm pretty much the opposite of Mr. Goodwrench. But there are lots of people on this forum with good information and advice. I've learned a lot.

#8 ·
Hi,

I'm in Aloha, just got my first Caddy in May. I bought it for my daughters to drive, but I love it too. It's a gold 1986 DeVille Sedan -- hence the name, Old Goldy. It's in remarkable shape, just a few minor issues that I'm working on. Was searching the internet for a new passenger door mirror when I saw this site.

Anybody know how to put the roof lining back up? Goldy has bubbles in places and it's getting worse.

Thanks for any ideas

Dale

#9 ·
I'm not sure, but I think the headliner can be re-glued or replaced. An automotive upholstery shop should be able to do it.

If that's too expensive, I know a lot of people just use thumbtacks or staples. Looks a little tacky, but better than having the headliner drooping onto your head.

Good luck with the car, and :welcome: . There's lots of helpful and fun people here.

#10 ·
I am in Newport, OR, and just got my first Cadillac - an 04 SRX. I would be up for a Caddy event. I actually work at the Oregon Coast Aquarium, so if you guys want to put something together on the coast, we have a great even room I could donate the use of.

Let me know if there is any interest!

Harlyn

#21 ·
Sounds good on the shows later this summer. I'm going to need to get a tune up done on the thing soon. Any recommendations on shops? I know anybody can do timing, points, ect, but i'd like to start a relationship with a good shop, preferably in inner SE. Thanks.

#23 ·
I got a 93 seville I am having a problem getting fuel to the carb, does anyone know someone that I might beable to take it to without paying my left testicle to. I just replaced the fuel modular in the tank and it started up the next day, and then drove fine for three days and went out to start it yesterday, and it started and then died. Any suggestions.

#26 ·
Hey good to hear back from ya'll. We should find a reason to get together before too long, no?

Coupla questions: who do you guys use to get work done in town? I've been going to majhor murray, who are really good, but really expensive. I wonder if there is a cheaper place for simple tuneup type work ... i just break shit too much when i work on W myself.

Also, anybody ever had a classic appraisal done in town?

Thanx

BTW--W is the name of the car, cause he comes by at night and fills her up.

#28 ·
I'm located in Tigard and am selling my 1970 Sedan DeVille. The body is in near perfect shape. The interior is in great shape as well. The A/C works great. The car has approximately 124,000 miles on it. Not bad for a car that's almost 40 years old. Part of the reason for selling the car is there is an issue with the engine. I'm not completely sure what it is, but this would be the perfect car for someone who wants to do some DIY work.

Pictures available upon request.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.