Any painters in the Seattle area?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Pacific Discussion, Any painters in the Seattle area? in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Hey guys, looking for someone in or around the Seattle area that could paint the hood of my 91 DeVille. ...
    1987coupedeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Any painters in the Seattle area?

Hey guys, looking for someone in or around the Seattle area that could paint the hood of my 91 DeVille. It needs to be fully stripped and repainted. I've had estimates ranging anywhere from $1k to $8k, which seems pretty ridiculous to me. If that's the case, I may as well try doing it myself. So, if there's anyone out there that knows paint, let me know if you'd be willing and how much you would charge. I can help as well. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: Any painters in the Seattle area?

$1000 is way more than reasonable. That's a hell of a lot of work.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    $8K is a joke.

You can have it done for a couple hundred at Macco, or ~$1,000-$1,200 at a GOOD shop. Do you want it to look ok, or show quality?

Why does it have to be stripped??

Without blending, it's not going to match the fenders perfectly.

1987coupedeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    It has to be stripped because the clear coat peeled off and the paint was damaged underneath. I don't need it to be show quality, I will be getting the whole car repainted eventually, but that's a few years down the road. I'd be happy with just painting the hood for now and not blending the fenders even though it won't match perfectly. Maybe Macco is the way to go for now until I get the whole thing repainted.

cadillac_guy21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Dts
    1000 still seems like a lot to me , here in hawaii where everything is usually high I got charged 1500 for 3 sections hood roof n trunk

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.