Looking for North San Diego transmission work
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Pacific Discussion, Looking for North San Diego transmission work in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; I have the infamous p0741 and p1860 SES codes on my 2002 Deville and just got the dreaded $3,000 estimate. ...
    Reprobate is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville

Looking for North San Diego transmission work

I have the infamous p0741 and p1860 SES codes on my 2002 Deville and just got the dreaded $3,000 estimate. Car is shifting fine. Only noticeable problem is the SES light on and a couple miles per gallon in lost gas mileage. Can anyone recommend a good place to get the TCC solenoid fixed around San Diego/Orange county? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Looking for North San Diego transmission work

I'm hoping someone can steer me to a good shop. But at least with the info from here I can 'let my fingers do the walking' and try talking to a few more local shops and see if someone sounds less likely to bend me over.

Re: Looking for North San Diego transmission work

After being told by two local shops why they need me to drop 2400-3000 into the tranny and the t.c. and the awful viscous fluid that Cadillac uses without even seeing my car and one who looked at it and said 2400-3000, I found a guy who knew what I was talking about- 'Discount Transmission and Axle' on Oceanside blvd. Got a 750 labor quote and can't wait to see if reading these forums earned me about 2000 dollars!!!
    Thanks to all of you out there!

Also I did the 50mph break test with mixed results. One time for sure I saw about a 200rpm jump but many times I didn't.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.