LOS ANGELES ONLY: Suggested repair shops
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Pacific Discussion, LOS ANGELES ONLY: Suggested repair shops in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; My '97 DeVille is at the 110,000 mark and it's time for it's birthday maintenance splurge. I bought it at ...
    Nick93SDV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Sedan Deville; 1997 Deville D'Elegance; 2010 DTS

LOS ANGELES ONLY: Suggested repair shops

My '97 DeVille is at the 110,000 mark and it's time for it's birthday maintenance splurge. I bought it at 87,000 or so and while the PO was really good to it, AFAIK it's never had any fluids flushed, plugs changed, fuel filters changed, etc. so I want to get everything possible done now and thereafter do the routine stuff myself.

So I'm looking for a shop that's reasonable and trustworthy and just as importantly, in the L.A. area (westside preferred but I'm not picky). I've used Ed's Cadillac Airport Service in Santa Monica for quite a while for my '93 Sedan deVille but they are always busy and I think the quality of the work has fallen off of late. I just called the Martin Cadillac dealership in West Los Angeles and they tried to tell me that the 100,000 service package included changing the rear differential fluid so if they are that stupid, forget 'em (also, their $1450 package didn't include a new plug wire set... amazing!).

Recommendations for any favorite local SoCal repair shops? It's sort of surprising to me that there isn't a dedicated section on the forum for critiques of shops but I hope my request gets to the right people.

Thanks,

Nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rainandsun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: LOS ANGELES ONLY: Suggested repair shops

i seen this auto shop located at automd. i got 109 Muffler shop they are located at 6312 Compton Ave, Los Angeles. this is where i send my car for a repair and check up. if you find that you are a little too far away from this auto shop, you can check out the list of all Los Angeles auto repair shops here. hope that this helps you to locate the nearest shop in los angeles area.

Nick93SDV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Sedan Deville; 1997 Deville D'Elegance; 2010 DTS

Thanks for the lead.... Actually, I posted the original request for shop recommendations more than three years ago! It turns out that I did find a solid Caddy repair shop in L.A. It was Macias Cadillac (http://maciascadillac.com ) on Normandie Ave. way down south in Harbor City. Not the most convenient location (unless you live in that part of the county) but the owner is experienced, knows how to really service these things, and the prices are reasonable for the quality of the work.

About a year after I posted the message, I moved out to Palm Springs. In the desert, where the old people go to play golf until God comes to get them, there is no shortage of Cadillacs and as such, no shortage of experienced repair folks. I got lucky and found a very, very good one: Dare Cadillac in Cathedral City (http://www.yelp.com/biz/dare-cadillac-cathedral-city). Like Macias, the owner of the shop knows these cars inside and out and doesn't play games. Moreover, he doesn't patronize car owners, especially who have owned enough of these things to do their own diagnosis, pull codes, and perform most repairs.

I'm still surprised that the forum doesn't have a set of threads on repair shops!

Nick in Palm Springs
    1993 Sedan de Ville (the best A\C in the desert!)
    1997 DeVille (25mpg average at 85mph on weekly commutes to Santa Monica)

ccabanne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DeVille 97

Thank you for the recommendation, Nick93SDV! I went to Macias Cadillac and had good experience servicing my 97 DeVille. My problem ended up being similar to this thread on Fuel Pressure Regulators (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-pressure.html) --- poor cold starting, several stalls while idling, rough idle, Service Engine Soon light intermittently on and off --- and they were able to figure it out and replace the fuel pressure regulator quickly. I agree that they are very knowledgeable and experienced with handling Cadillacs.

carrepairlosangeles is offline Cadillac Owners Member

We provide Car Repair Services in Los Angeles, CA. Emergency Car Repair Service Available. As a service provider, A&M Auto Repair is the best Los Angeles Car Repair shop in the area.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.