Carburetor setup for 1966 1967 cadillac deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Other Cadillac Engines Discussion, Carburetor setup for 1966 1967 cadillac deville in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; 2 questions... what is the factory oem CFM for the existing carburetor ? what is the HOLLEY aftermarket replacement if ...
    lguapo1300 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1966

Carburetor setup for 1966 1967 cadillac deville

2 questions...

what is the factory oem CFM for the existing carburetor ?

what is the HOLLEY aftermarket replacement if I didn't want to use the factory carburetor ?

all I want is the factory setup information, nothing high performance....

I want to know the CFM

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

aussiejohn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1964

Re: Carburetor setup for 1966 1967 cadillac deville

G'day,

I'm new on this Forum but have been around Corvettes for over 20 years. I'm pretty sure that your '66/'67 would have a Rochester Quadrajet from the factory and they are the best carbs available for ANY car, period! Qjets of that era flow around 650 cfm and that is more than enough for a stock 429. Don't even think about replacing it with another carb, spend your money and have your Qjet professionally rebuilt, if that is your problem. Cliff Ruggles is one of the best, Lars Grimsrud is another and Olle's (sp?) Carbs is right up there too. If your carb is running well, then leave it alone. It was designed at the factory to be correct for your car. Any other carb you fit will not be set up for your car and it will not perform as well as the Qjet so, therefore, new parts and adjustments to it will be needed at your cost.

Caveat Emptor.

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.