Rochester 4GC carb and Intake manifold
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Other Cadillac Engines Discussion, Rochester 4GC carb and Intake manifold in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hi guys, I thought I had posted this query yesterday but it weems tht I hadn't, anyway, i have just ...
    Baziscaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1963 Cadillac Series 62 Convertable

Rochester 4GC carb and Intake manifold

Hi guys, I thought I had posted this query yesterday but it weems tht I hadn't, anyway, i have just had the intake manifold on my 1963 series 62 Caddy, with the 390 ci engine rewelded across the centre two ports and have now reassembled this on the car. However it would appear that they have sealed off the small hole that takes a small diameter metal tube from the choke mechanism and connects it to the intake manifold (as i understand to feed heat to the choke bi-metal strip. It would appear that i have now got to remove the intake manifold and have this apperture drilled out again.
    Also there is a small metal tube that comes ouot of the base of the carburetor basically in line with the choke mechanism. as i did not take this section apart i am at a loss as to know what connects to this tube. It has been suggested to me that it could be a vacuume feed, but as to where it is fed from i have no idea. so any clues will be most appreciated.
    I have photos attached if this helps
    Many thanks

Barry
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

05devilledave is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville, 1967 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Rochester 4GC carb and Intake manifold

Here is a link to an ebay auction that has the same carb for sale. Look at the pictures and you can see some sort of connector that is connected to that vaccuum line, a connector that is missing on your carb. also, the tube that has been bent in a downward position to your weld repair, actually should face upward according to these photos. The questionable port is surely a vacuum port. I have an electric choke on my carb, so I cant tell too much about it.

eBay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Roche...Q5fAccessories

05devilledave is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville, 1967 Fleetwood Brougham

Correction....

I did some more looking, the shaft that your finger is pointing to... is just that.... a shaft, not a port. Look at the ebay listing, there is a linkage that goes to the top of the carb, AS WELL as the bottom, this thing your pointing to also has flats at the tip, where a linkage plate would have fit. I bet if you look into the hole in this thing, it has threads in it for a screw.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

The choke heat tube should go into a hole in the boss at the end of the exhaust crossover casting - your pipe is pointed straight at the area.

The shaft is the primary butterly shaft, and the choke stepping and pulloff mechanism should be there.

Go to www.jetchip.com and click on the carburetor tab in the lower left of the home page. Have them build you a QJet with electric choke.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.