PR in Europe
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, PR in Europe in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; So Cadillac launched the BLS this year and sales are low. I think the 150 cars were given away to ...
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Exclamation PR in Europe

So Cadillac launched the BLS this year and sales are low. I think the 150 cars were given away to passingbyers. All other models are not doing well either.

How are you supposed to sell any car without doing some proper advertisement? You really think the Europeans will buy a new product out of pure naive curiosity? 99,9% of the Europeans don't even know Cadillac makes new cars!

On one hand it feels very exclusive to drive my CTS here and people turn their heads. But I also feel the negative side when I deal with poor service from my dealer.

So, be wise
    advertise!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: PR in Europe

Never knew there was a lack of advertisement in Europe. Do the other GM brands advertise in Europe (Chevy, Buick, whatever is there...)

Chevy only makes advertisements for the recently overtaken small Daywoo models. The Corvette sells itself. Buick we don't have. But since Chrysler is part Benz they get plenty of PR. Chrysler was and is the only US brand that does advertisement and that's why you see that damn cheap 300c everywhere now!

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^^ Damn. What about Hummer, are they in Europe?

I never would have guessed there were a lot of Chryslers in Europe either!

Hummer we have. All the version from H1 to H3. But you see them very rarely. Chrysler pretty much got it's whole arsenal in Europe. Sometimes under a different name. Like in the beginning the sebring convertible was called a Stratus convertible... Chrysler has a nice size that fits Europe. Even that 300C fits in now. Although its big for European standards. Since it is so cheap you see all kinds of punks driving that car... too bad!

But a little advertising would do good for Cadillac!

I've seen billboards and some magazine ads for the '08 CTS last year. They lasted a few months. Maybe 4 or so? And now all around Cadillac in Europe is dead now.

Hello?

Sales went down and Lansing is feeling it. Aren't you supposed to make a better campaign to sell Cadillac in Europe or any export region?
    The CTS is a great car, but if noone knows it, it will not be sold!

Kick someone in the butt and make it happen!

mad2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SDV 1962 and STS 2000

heee dutchman...
    wat doe je in duitsland :-) (what are you doing in germany)

You can get almost al us brands over here in the netherlands.... Cadillac,Chevrolet (and daewoochevy), Corvette, Hummer, Ford US (we have Ford europe as well of course), Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep.... and most other brands and models as well trough parallel -grey- import companies.

Service indeed sucks.... but don't all dealers suck?
    Cadillac e.g. hardly has any dealerships. My local dealer actually is an Opel garage and a caddy service point.

But who cares.....
    I love to work on my car.. and driving an STS in Holland is like owning a Renault in the US. :-)

And for now...
    Keep your fingers crossed that Cadillac survives the crisis. :-(

Hey buddy!

I work for Airbus in Hamburg

I actually visited the Lansing Plant in September and was impressed by the involvement of all the workers in the final assy line. I also pointed out the lack of PR in Europe to their management and they took it serious. But they currently have serious other concerns...

I just hope GM keeps their head above the water!

hhkov8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

In 2008 there was nearly no PR for Cadillac in Germany.

In 2009 there was, but bad PR... The European GM dealer went in bankrupty in March 2009. So no one knows when and how warranty for GM cars will be given. Now the owners of GM cars have to pay first for warranty works and then wait. May be they will get their money back sometime.

Who will buy a GM car now in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by hhkov8 View Post
    In 2008 there was nearly no PR for Cadillac in Germany.

In 2009 there was, but bad PR... The European GM dealer went in bankrupty in March 2009. So no one knows when and how warranty for GM cars will be given. Now the owners of GM cars have to pay first for warranty works and then wait. May be they will get their money back sometime.

Who will buy a GM car now in Europe?
    I been informed that warrantees are secured. Also in Europe.

Maybe that warranty will be secured in Germany - but I dont know when...

Some weeks ago I asked my Cadillac dealer in Braunschweig. He told me that he would call me if warranty for Cadillac is secured here. Until now he did not call me.

And I had called some other dealers in Hamburg, Berlin, Kassel. They told me the same.

This situation lasts since March. So it is nearly three months now without a way out of this bad situation for Cadillac owners.

Who will buy a Cadillac without knowing if or when warranty will be given for these cars...?

Maybe that warranty will be secured in Germany - but I dont know when...

Some weeks ago I asked my Cadillac dealer in Braunschweig. He told me that he would call me if warranty for Cadillac is secured here. Until now he did not call me.

And I had called some other dealers in Hamburg, Berlin, Kassel. They told me the same.

This situation lasts since March. So it is nearly three months now without a way out of this bad situation for Cadillac owners.

Who will buy a Cadillac without knowing if or when warranty will be given for these cars...?
    That is worrying. My dealer said he prepared a letter for all customers to assure warranty. I never received the letter and this was weeks ago, so you might be right.

Today I talked with the service manager of the Cadillac dealer in Braunschweig/Germany. He told me that there is the same situation as more than two months ago: for warranty works you have to pay first. Then you may hope that you will get money back some time...

He also told me that there might be a change in two or three weeks. But he told me the same in April 2009 so I dont believe in it.

Today I talked with the service manager of the Cadillac dealer in Braunschweig/Germany. He told me that there is the same situation as more than two months ago: for warranty works you have to pay first. Then you may hope that you will get money back some time...

He also told me that there might be a change in two or three weeks. But he told me the same in April 2009 so I dont believe in it.
    I got a letter this week from the Cadillac Dealer in Hamburg (Dello) securing warrantees. I have been talking to them personally many times and they agree they need more PR in Europe. But their hands are tied as GM/Cadillac Europe has no budget from GM/Cadillac US. Even before this crisis.

We'll see if this ever changes. It is actually so sad that I feel I could do a better job if they would hire me...

Without money there is no PR for Cadillac in Europe. But without PR they will not sell their cars here.

That is very sad because I am sure Cadillac could sell their cars here. STS is comparable to Mercedes S, BMW 7, Audi A8, and is cheaper. XLR is in the range of Mercedes SL, BMW 6, CTS of Merdedes E and BMW 5.

But without PR and without good service Cadillac will make not much money here...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.