PR in Europe - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, PR in Europe in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I had some calls around Germany: The dealer in Hamburg sent that letter to his customers. They ensure warranty only ...
    hhkov8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: PR in Europe

I had some calls around Germany:

The dealer in Hamburg sent that letter to his customers. They ensure warranty only for them.

In Braunschweig it is still the old situation for warranty. In Kassel it seems to be the same.

But I was informed from a manager of a Cadillac dealer in Bitburg that Friday next week warranty for GM cars will become normal.

Let us wait and see...

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Warranty ok, but Cadillac stopped exports to Europe completely. Even Russia and Switzerland don't receive converted models.
    When will Cadillac return to Europe?
    And when they do, will they have a good plan?

I truely hope so...

vetguru is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

I have heard GM will try and relaunch Cadillac in Europe again in March!!
    In the UK without a diesel option the CTS will have no chance, And BLS is not selling either...

YEah, they will present their new plans at the Geneva Auto Show. I hope they will show the diesel CTS! I would rather go for a CTS Sport Wagon Turbo Diesel AWD.

I took notice of the latest news on the plans for Europe:

- No target
    - No plan
    - No serious PR nor campaign
    - No diesel

I guess this is even more pathetic than the first attempt in 2004.
    Learned nothing?

Creative Director is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS

Well, they have now three stellar models worth fighting for: ATS, CTS and XTS. It's now or never.

Diesel? Diesels should be banned from everywhere. I know I could sell them with no sticking Diesel offer whatsoever.

Creative Director is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS

Keep the faith people… and keep reading.

Cadillac has now three awesome models worth fighting for: ATS, CTS 2014 and XTS. They have to come with a promise, a position and a personality miles ahead of that from the three usual suspects. When you approach a prospect with these hopes (promise, positioning, personality) in mind, think how a great brand can help them. That most people never heard of Cadillac doesn't matter really, you have got this amazing track record, you just have to help them understand your value as you pitch such a new or unfamiliar product.

And they can, I truly, honestly believe they can since there are too many effective ways to do this. Such an American icon should be able to do it. Besides that, these amazingly great companies are constantly in start-up mode, always looking to enter new markets, a great brand is a magnet to those premium customers who drive growth. I want to make a point here, while there are premium brands in any market sector out there, we should not hold in low regard the shift happening nowadays where the customers are labeling themselves as premium. So, it all comes back to people, they set priorities and thinking.

So if GM is looking for how to build its Cadillac brand here in Old Europe, look for and to these types of people. Then imagine how a better, much stronger promise, position, personality you will have.

Last but not least and with all due respect… Diesel? No, no, no. Diesels should be banned from everywhere and premium cities (cities are also branded these days) are already doing it. Cadillac does NOT need a Diesel under the hood. That would backfire sooner than later.

Call me crazy if you want… just remember the most sought-after people will always be labeled as such. :wink:

Sorry, but all premium cars in Europe (besides Russia and Switzerland) mostly run diesel. All models above mid-size sell primerily as diesel.
    - E220, E250, E350, ML300, ML350, S350, CLS300, CLS350, G350, GL350, GLK200, GLK220, GLK250, GLK350,
    - 525D, 530D, 535D, 730D, 735D, X5, X3
    - A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, Q5, Q7

The overall average of petrol vs diesel might be 50/50 in Europe, but for the bigger cars it is mostla diesels. So offering CTS and SRX and maybe XTS in Europe without diesel is a mistake. Especially without any proper PR, which is still missing. How is Cadillac expecting to attract customers in Europe?

Hey, I am one of very few crazy people that would still buy a new Cadillac without PR and even without diesel. But if Cadillac wants to sell more, they need to work on it.

Update:
    So far still only ATS 2.0 and CTS 2.0. There is no 3.6.
    And the SRX and old Escalade...

Cadillac will NEVER sell a CTS 2.0 in Europe. That size car is either attracted by people wanting performance or as a diesel cruiser. I am still amazed there is no plan, no PR, no target. The few loyal dealers pretty much feel left behind. And the few loyal (former) customers as well.

Bullitt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I see Eldo that You are still fighting
    I nearly gave up. First of all used CTS Coupes keep their high prices like crazy compared to sedans. Secondly there's no 3.6 in ATS - at the same time Cadillac officials admit from time to time that lack of engine choices is a problem in Europe...
    I am enthusiast, fed up with German cars - have had all kinds of them in my family. But there's not a single Cadillac dealership here in Poland (nearest one in Slovakia). Meanwhile Infiniti in two first months of 2014 sold more SUVs on Polish market than in the last whole year. I even stopped watching Cadillac Russia FB where You can see pictures of local drive events, trips of Cadillac Club Russia to Detroit. Europe is in Cadillac's opinion an underdog. Sad just SAD.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.