Platinum Editions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Platinum Editions in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; GM, recently I wrote a thread called "Another thumbs up to Cadillac Management." I expressed my views that as a ...
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Platinum Editions

GM, recently I wrote a thread called "Another thumbs up to Cadillac Management." I expressed my views that as a whole, you're doing great as a company; making all the right moves. But now I see bits and pieces all over the internet about these "Platinum Edition" Cadillacs.

Cadillac's limited-edition Platinum models feature ultra-premium details such as a generous use of chrome, authentic wood and luxurious upholstery, as well as Cadillac's precision hand-crafted interiors, executed by craftsmen who cut, wrap and sew cabin components individually.

After I read this, I scratched my head. Shouldn't these things be absolutely 100% standard on every Cadillac? What's wrong with this picture? If Cadillac is a luxury brand trying to compete with other luxury brands, I would think that a generous use of chrome, authentic wood and luxurious upholstery wouldn't even be a second thought, they would just be a given.

It should also be noted that while the STS does get to play dress-up in its Platinum Series threads, it's still got the '07 interior -- an element that is improved here yet doesn't hold a candle to the cabin design of the new Chinese-market SLS. That, we're hoping, will appear at another show this year in an updated 2008 STS.

I wondered about this too. The Chinese SLS has an interior so much better than the current STS that an STS Platinum with a so-called improved interior still falls short of the SLS. While I still think you're on the right track, I think in a lot of people's minds, all you're doing with the "Platinum Editions" is something you should be doing on every model, without even thinking about it. Aren't things like generous use of chrome, authentic wood and luxurious upholstery simply a given when it comes to a luxury brand? I guess not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Pearl White Diamond Cadillac Eldorado ESC

Re: Platinum Editions

I guess to use the levels of fine materials and workmanship acorss the line would make every Caddys too expensive. Has pricing been announced for any Platnium Series model yet?

But I do see what your saying. Even one of the articles said that this kind of stuff should be standard on every Caddy.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Exactly. If Cadillac is trying to compete with MB and BMW, they have to do this stuff. I know MB and BMW can be a little pricier, but that's markup too.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Cadillac is trying to be like BMW. More sport than luxury. It's unfortunate for many of us, but what can you do? The "luxury" stuff just doesn't seem to sell anymore. Everybody wants a cold, hard-plastic BMW-type interior with a suspension that allows one to drive up/down off/on ramps at 60mph without screetching the tires. That's what driving's about these days.. Even Lexus is guilty of this BMW envy. Have you driven the GS?

Cadillac still has it's DTS for us traditional Cadillac lovers - and the Escalade is pretty decent as a "big" vehicle as well.. But I feel the same way about this whole "Platinum" deal. Cadillacs should have generous amounts of chrome, authentic wood and luxurious upholstery. The wood doesn't have to be carved out of a single tree and the upholstery doesn't have to be hand-woven. It should be THAT expensive.. So add a few bucks to every vehicle and offer a Full Cadillac (a Platinum Cadillac) to everyone who buys one...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

If all Cadillacs were Platinum loaded, they would never've hit the sales numbers as they did. Why do you compare to BMW and Mercedes as being ultra luxurious? You seen the base versions of those cars? Those are REALLY naked! The base Cadillac is a lot more loaded as a base BMW or Mercedes. Maybe because they only ship the luxus versions of the BMW and Benz to the US?

The platinum version is only a last series version of the old serie, just before they launch the new upgrade. We are not in the 1920's and 1930's anymore. Cadillac became a high end mass production car and not a handcrafted car like Rolls-Roys and Bently.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.