Cadillac Service
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Cadillac Service in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I've owned (3) new Cadillacs over the past 6 years. Each time, the sales side of the house is wonderful ...
    mgm2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Cadillac Service

I've owned (3) new Cadillacs over the past 6 years. Each time, the sales side of the house is wonderful to work with, but the service area is another story. I'd rather take my car to Pep Boys.

My most recent example:

The driver side, front end wheel/suspension is making a strange noise. I scheduled service, and mentioned that there is a TSB on the control arms. Even though my car is still under warrenty (only has 15K on the clock), Cadillac service decides to charge me for the 15K 'service' to inspect the brake systems, etc.... So I basically had to pay around 200 bucks for a warrenty repair, which by the way was the defective upper and lower control arms. Not happy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LLT
    LLT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Cadillac Service

I do understand your frustration. I might suggest that you find another dealer to work with because as much as I detest recent quality control, the dealer makes the difference. They can get amazing things done for you if they so desire - in or out of warranty.

It might also be worth a call to cadillac customer service to discuss that particular dealer. In my experience, they come down pretty hard on dealers for such things as you describe.

Good luck and I hope things work out.

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I wouldn't have paid them for doing the work. I would have told them that I do not want the 15K mile service at this time.

You should get another dealer. And let your old dealer know why you are changing to a new one.

harrison512 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Just my 2 cents that GM should take a page from the Saturn dealership experience and apply it to Cadillac. Saturn has very high customer satisfaction even though their product line has been pretty stagnant for years. Cadillac has some great cars but what good are great cars if the dealer treats the customers like crap?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.