Another Thumbs-Up to Cadillac Management
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Another Thumbs-Up to Cadillac Management in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Watching Cadillac over the past several years has been like watching one of those feelgood movies on ABC. This is ...
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Another Thumbs-Up to Cadillac Management

Watching Cadillac over the past several years has been like watching one of those feelgood movies on ABC. This is a thank you to all of you at Cadillac who've been working so hard over the past several years to make Cadillac a good name again. I'm proud of what you've done with the V family.

First generation V's have been great places to start, and we all expect even better things in the future. The CTS-V has rear-end problems and a cheap interior for the money, but it's one of the best vehicles out there for all-around fun! You've got a winner with the CTS-V, and we're all waiting so anxiously for the second generation to be a total M / AMG killer!

The STS-V is simply stunning. That supercharged Northstar is pure eye candy, and it's shown you've got the moxie to really stir things up. I never thought I would see a Caddy with 469 horsepower, but you've done it.

The XLR-V is another breathtaking vehicle. What a fine halo car! I was fortunate enough to actually see and touch one at the Car Craft Summer Nationals this year, and I haven't been this impressed with a GM product.....ever! Like the CTS-V, we're all waiting with our fingers crossed for the next generation of the STS-V and XLR-V. A V-12 Northstar maybe? I'd sure like to think it's a possibility.

The CTS is a great vehicle. The fact sales numbers are still climbing prove you've got the right formula with this car. Keep it up with the redesign! The DTS is liked by many and disliked by others, but that's OK, it's a solid car that sells well. Unfortunately it's front-wheel drive in an era of RWD luxury vehicles, but maybe that's why the walker-in-the-trunk crowd buys them. The SRX is a good crossover vehicle, another solid player in the family. The Escalade family as well, solid, especially with the 6.2 liter, and a very tasteful refresh. Anything that large that can get up from 0-60 in 6.5 seconds is alright in my book!

Having recently seen the interior of the new Chinese SLS, I firmly believe this is the most appealing interior I have ever seen in any vehicle. It's nothing short of a work of art. The quality and workmanship that you are now putting into your vehicles is very apparent, and I believe that over the next several years public perception will change and people will see Cadillac as equal to or better than MB or BMW. Lexus is doing amazing things, but the interior of the Chinese SLS (which we're all praying won't remain only Chinese) proves that you can compete with Lexus.

The hand-stiched leather and assembled interiors are what you've needed to be a true global player once again. The changes over the past several years have been amazing, so I want to thank you all for the great show. Things like the CTS-V rear-end need to be addressed, but we all know they will be in the next generation. The V-10 or V-12 Northstar has to be built. If BMW and MB are doing it, you have to do it better.

Lastly, the ULS (or whatever you're calling the project) is desparately needed and highly anticipated. Again, if MB and BMW are competing with the 760Li and the S600 respectively, then you've got to do it, but do it better. I think you can, and pray you will, and I'm certainly not alone when I say that.

You're doing so many things right, and I know the next few years will be even better and brighter. Next generations are coming, and so are high expectations. But if the CTS has proven anything, if you build it, they will come. If the interior of the Chinese SLS has proven anything, if you build it, they won't just come, they'll come in droves to get their hands on the Standard of The World!

Thank you Cadillac!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Another Thumbs-Up to Cadillac Management

Wow that was a great post. Very well written and expressed.

JRau is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, 1993 Sedan De Ville

Points for a well written post. You and I will always be able to banter about new style vs. old style, 'cause I just can't warm up to the new ones. After 1999, I'm done, I'll have to buy used ones forever...

JRau in central Iowa

pompste is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425

Quote Originally Posted by JRau View Post
    Points for a well written post. You and I will always be able to banter about new style vs. old style, 'cause I just can't warm up to the new ones. After 1999, I'm done, I'll have to buy used ones forever...

JRau in central Iowa

My friends that drive Caddys and i completely agree-----the body style and interior shrinkage after the 1999 model year turns us all off.
    My 1995 Sedan Deville still has the classic Cadillac look and roomy interior.Although even by 1995,GM was beginning to cheapen the big Caddys by removing the chrome bumpers in place of plastic bumpers.
    If i ever buy another Caddy,IT WILL BE A 1999 OR EARLIER MODEL.
    I saw a big 1993 FLEETWOOD for sale 2 blocks away from us today---HMMMMMMMM!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.