XM Radio Quality: Lexus vs. Cadillac - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, XM Radio Quality: Lexus vs. Cadillac in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; The problem is not XM, it is the Cadillac stereo. XM inputs as the orginal post stated through an aux ...
    bighebrewbear is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 DTS, 04 Esclade

Re: XM Radio Quality: Lexus vs. Cadillac

The problem is not XM, it is the Cadillac stereo. XM inputs as the orginal post stated through an aux input brust transmitter, like the cheap iPod snap on's from walmart. This is why the sound is so rough. This added with 4 other transmitters from your tire pressure system is signal hell on wheels.

This is why Bluetooth is not offered by Cadillac, it would not work. This is why Cadillac is still the cars of the Gold Chain set and not Mercedes drivers. They spend millions to save pennies. They just dont get it.

Now as for the lexus Levinson systems, they cost lexus almost $7000 per unit. And if you get the option or not, it is already built in the price of the car. Which when you consider one of his home units starts in the low $30k range, this is a steal. The Bose system in the Cadillac cost them around $450Remember what you mama told you, you get what you pay for! A Bose system will never be a Mark Levinson System. Just like a DTS will never be an LS 460 or S600.

And while we are all bitching about the Cadillac sound systems, let me add to the pile. How much would it really have cost to move the MP3 jack from the stereo to inside the console with a power outlet? I mean really? Have you ever tried to use your iPod in a Cadillac? Wires are all over the place. Why do you insist on always being 5 steps behind everyone but Lincoln.

tweak48 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Problem solved. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by bighebrewbear View Post
    XM inputs as the orginal post stated through an aux input brust transmitter, like the cheap iPod snap on's from walmart. This is why the sound is so rough. This added with 4 other transmitters from your tire pressure system is signal hell on wheels.
    Complete bullshite. The signal never returns to RF after being demodulated by the sat box.

The culprit here is the total doggie-poo XM box supplied by GM in my 2004 CTS-V. After swapping in a Sirius GM-1 box, fidelity is somewhere between a very strong FM signal and CD. Far fewer dropouts, even when using the factory XM antenna.

Granted, the factory Bose system is not state of the art, but it is adequate; good enough that it would not drive me to install an aftermarket system. Definately not Mark Levinson though.

It's an easy install, one that can be accomplished on a Saturday morning. And the SIR GM-1 is way way under $100 after rebate.

My sat system has gone from being so bad that I was not going to renew the subscription, to providing really enjoyable, high fidelity music and entertainment.

harvag99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Angry Re: XM Radio Quality: Lexus vs. Cadillac

I had the same complaint about the xm radio. They have a direct connection into the radio, not an FM type transmitter. It's just not very good, as the previous poster stated. I was considering installing the Sirius GM-1, but then the dealer gave me this bulletin. I wasn't sure if that would help since GM says the problem is with the software on the stereo unit to regulate volume between the different bands. Apparently, the previous person says the sirius box does make an improvement.
    Attached Files

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.