Inadequate Motor Mounts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Inadequate Motor Mounts in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; It has come to my attention, after a costly repair, that there is an issue with motor mounts on certain ...
    codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Brougham d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

Inadequate Motor Mounts

It has come to my attention, after a costly repair, that there is an issue with motor mounts on certain year Cadillacs. As far as I can tell this problem exists on 200 - 2002 all models.

The front motor mount seems to be substantially inadequate for the engine. My 01' DTS has 26,000 miles on it and I've already replaced the front mount. At the time, the service dept. told me that it was not uncommon for these to break.

After further research within this board I have also been told that others have had the same problem with newer STS models.

If this is a recurring issue then shouldn't it be a recall?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Inadequate Motor Mounts

My dad's 2000 SLS has a weak engine mount, Aamco told us after he bought it, and had the transmission checked. Told us about $280 to fix. We haven't yet.

93sevillegal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Seville SLS

Re: Inadequate Motor Mounts

I have a 1993 Seville with 125,000 miles and I have had the motor mounts changed at least 4 times. I don't think the problem was the motor mounts themselves but the fact that the brilliant designers only put 3 on the engine when the engine should have 5. I also believe that one of the reasons Caddy owners have tranny problems is because they don't realize the mounts are bad and do not replace them until the damage has been done to the tranny. The engine is a big honking V8 and front wheel drive which carries a whole bunch of torque, why anyone would think that 3 motor mounts would last is beyond me.

I was recently told that a company sells motor mounts for caddys that are not made with rubber and have a lifetime warranty on them. Supposedly most auto magazines have an add for these motor mounts. Next time my motor mounts go, I will look into these new mounts.

I was told by the dealer that the problem of insufficient motor mounts was addressed in the new models but I do not remember which model was the first to get the motor mounts needed. Secondly, if Caddy has returned to rear wheel drive, which I think they have, the motor mount issue should resolve itself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.