My wife has fallen in love with the SRX with the ultraview feature. So we go into our local dealership expecting to leave with one only to discover that the options are just crazy. There were loads with the untraview, but it seems if you get the Ultraview you don't get the DVD navigation feature, or if it does have both the UV and NAV it dosen't have the rear DVD entertainment feature, or if it does have all those features it dosen't have the folding rear seat. Why don't you guys just sell the SRX with three different trim levels you could set it up sort of like this (this is only a suggestion)

Level I V-6 no NAV, no DVD, no 3rd Row seating
Level II V-6 with NAV, DVD & 3rd Seat
Level III V-6 with NAV, UltraView, DVD & 3rd Seat

Likewise the same would apply to V-8 models, the AWD option would still be available at all trim levels.

Level I V-8 no NAV, no DVD, no 3rd Row seating
Level II V-8 with NAV, DVD & 3rd Seat
Level III V-8 with NAV, UltraView, DVD & 3rd Seat

This should significantly cut down production costs by reducing the number of model combinations. It would also allow dealers more flexibility when ordering models for their inventory. I have three kids with one on the way so I really need the thrid seat option. And because my children are all under the age of 13, I really need the DVD entertainment feature. It just seems impossible to find wone with all the options you want. When I purchased my Lexus all I had to do was to choose between one with DVD Entertainement or one without, they all had sunroofs and DVD Navigation. Finally all Cadillacs should have wood. I couldn't believe that you would sell a car without interior wood. If you want to be the standard of the world again you have to start thinking like like it.

Alex O. Lewis, III
alexolewis3@cox.net