2006 DTS - Exit Seat Screwup?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, 2006 DTS - Exit Seat Screwup? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Have been settling into my new DTS, and I've discovered what I think is a major error on Cadillac's memory ...
    edcarp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2006 DTS - Exit Seat Screwup?

Have been settling into my new DTS, and I've discovered what I think is a major error on Cadillac's memory seat system. In my old SRX (2004) when I removed the key from the ignition, the seat would move to my predesignated exit position. When I unlocked the car to get back in, the seat would stay in the exit position until I reinserted the key in the ignition, and then it would move into my predesignated driving position. This made sense, as I want to exit and enter the car from the same seat position -- with the seat back a bit and the steering wheel up and out of the way.

In my new DTS, there are only factory installed exit positions, and when I click the unlock mechanism on the key fob, my seat moves into my driving position even before I enter the car!? What sense does this make? I have scoured the owner's manual, and the onboard computer for settings that might affect this issue, but have found nothing. Why do I want to squeeze myself into my seat upon entering the car?

Was this just a total screw up on Cadillac's part?

FYI: I have a 2006 DTS, Luxury III Package, with DVD Nav, Sunroof & Adaptive Cruise...

Any suggestions to correct this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GreenMachine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

Re: 2006 DTS - Exit Seat Screwup?

thats one thing that has bothered me about the memory package on my 98' deville. As soon as you hit the unlock button on the 'fob' (ok mines just a remote that unlocks, you new owners and your "keyless" systems) it will go to either drivers 1 or 2 driving position, not exit position.

For me it doesn't matter to much since I like to have plenty of room when I drive but it appears its designed to let you get in the car and go rather than "wait" for the seat to to have to move to the driveing position. Which has its pluses and minuses. Guess thats why they call it exit and not enter/exit setting.

It should be an option in my opinion.

alright did some digging! Found out that when you go into the feature controls you can indeed stop this from happening!

You must TURN OFF/Disable "Remote Memory Recall At Unlock" or something similar to that. It will then leave the seat as it were before the doors were unlocked/the last setting the seat was at upon exit, hope this helps. Another intresting feature is you can tell the vehicle to automatically go to "EXIT" state when you remove the key from the ignition. Lots of nice features in there...just can be hard to find. My 98' Deville does have this Memory seat recall option but I never really bothered to look into it, glad I did.

From 2006 DTS Manual:
    "MEMORY SEAT RECALL
    If the vehicle has this feature, it allows you to select
    your preference for the memory seat recall feature. See
    Memory Seat, Mirrors and Steering Wheel on
    page 2-51 for more information.
    Press the customization button until MEMORY SEAT
    RECALL appears in the display. Press the set/reset
    button to access the settings for this feature. Then
    press the menu up/down button to scroll through the
    following settings:
    OFF (default): No memory seat recall will occur.
    ON: The driver’s seat will automatically move to the
    stored driving position when the unlock button on
    the remote keyless entry transmitter is pressed.
    NO CHANGE: No change will be made to this feature.
    The current setting will remain.
    Choose one of the available settings and press the
    set/reset button while it is displayed on the DIC to
    select it."

Geezer408 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by edcarp View Post
    Have been settling into my new DTS, and I've discovered what I think is a major error on Cadillac's memory seat system. In my old SRX (2004) when I removed the key from the ignition, the seat would move to my predesignated exit position. When I unlocked the car to get back in, the seat would stay in the exit position until I reinserted the key in the ignition, and then it would move into my predesignated driving position. This made sense, as I want to exit and enter the car from the same seat position -- with the seat back a bit and the steering wheel up and out of the way.

In my new DTS, there are only factory installed exit positions, and when I click the unlock mechanism on the key fob, my seat moves into my driving position even before I enter the car!? What sense does this make? I have scoured the owner's manual, and the onboard computer for settings that might affect this issue, but have found nothing. Why do I want to squeeze myself into my seat upon entering the car?

Was this just a total screw up on Cadillac's part?

FYI: I have a 2006 DTS, Luxury III Package, with DVD Nav, Sunroof & Adaptive Cruise...

Any suggestions to correct this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ed
    I to have Lev111 06 DTS. You can only disconnect Auto Seat Return from Door Unlock and then push Memory 1 after you're seated. Actually after you're used to it, its a fraction of a second longer as you reach to close the door. They would need separately coded key fobs for seat position 1 and 2 which might have cost a few cents more. Maybe in 07. Stupid product planning decision but really a minor bother. Geezer408

Geezer408 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

They would have needed two different coded key fobs to separate Driver 1 from Driver 2 to recall the correct seat position. They didn't do it and maybe saved a few cents. Disable Auto Seat Recall from Door Unlock and you'll find it becomes almost one sweeping motion to hit Seat Recall position 1 (or 2) as you reach to close the door. A minor annoyance that was readily avoidable.

Actually it does know the diffearnce between remotes but NOT KEYS.

There should be an option in one of your settings to "recall memory key-in" and it will recall whatever settings of the fob the door was unlocked with.

Hmm reading threw the DTS manual it doesn't mention that setting, strange they would take the feature away on the new model.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.