Cadillac Owners Forum banner
14K views 49 replies 32 participants last post by  larrydak 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a BMW 3 Series Coupe thanks to Cadillac because there are no new Eldorado's to buy!! Eldorado has a legacy behind it (similar to Corvette, Thunderbird, Mustang), and how can they get rid of the symbol of an AMERICAN LUXURY CAR?!?!?!?!?!

The Eldorado needs to be brought back, it will have MANY anxious buyers awaiting its return! Even hearing the name E L D O R A D O brings the thought of luxury, freedom, and it is the true american luxury car. I understand that Cadillac is creating the CTS/STS to try and imitate a luxury sports car, but you cannot replace an Eldorado with a 4 door sedan!!!!

I couldn't afford a new 2002 Eldorado when I was 22, but when I finally can, you snatch them away (except used)!!! When you stopped production on the Eldorado in 2002, you created a hole in my heart that can't be fulfilled with a CTS, or even my new Beamer! Think about how many other luxury car manufacturers have Coupe's that are doing so well on the market when Cadillac is focusing on 4 door sedans.

Will you ever consider bringing back the true symbol of luxury, the Eldorado? Think about what you did to the Eldorado fans (new and old) on that sad 2002 year. Please, BRING THE ELDORADO BACK!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Maybe Cadillac intended the XLR as the Eldorado? With some fantasy you could derive eldorado out of XLR? But I agree that the XLR is not a suitable new Eldorado. It should indeed be a luxury sports coupe and not a roadster...

Bring the flagship back!

#4 ·
I think they should bring it back, In RWD form, use the platform from the GTO ( I forget what they call that platform) but yeah, make it competitive to the BMW 6 series, and CLK mercedes, but sell it for $10,000 less. Make it a Northstar V8, with supercharged Northstar optional, and 3.6 V6 standard. Basically, a Rwd luxury sports coupe, about $45-65k 240-440hp, make it be able to run anywhere from low 15's to mid 13's in the quarter mile. That would be awesome!

#7 ·
Cadillac is more worried about people who buy German Luxury cars than keeping people who love Cadillacs happy. They need to bring back Eldorado and Fleetwood. And quit calling the Deville a DTS!

#19 ·
My first Cadillac was a 1997 Eldorado ETC. Now that they are no longer available I buy DTS's (performance level) which actually is a DTS at least.

Calling the normal poor handling DeVille with a canvas top and fender skirts a DTS is an insult to the DTS.

And quit putting the gas filler on the passenger side of all new cars. The right side is what I call the commie car side. Most cars manufactured by former WWII enemies put the filler on the right side.

#8 ·
:burn:
Absolutely bring back the Eldorado.....

An XLR is not an Eldorado..... The XLR is a fabulous addition to the line, but taking away the Eldorado to "make room" for the XLR makes no sense.

At the very least, there better be parts support FOREVER for all Northstar Eldorados.....

#11 ·
Yes Please.

Bring Back The ETC. I had to part with My 98 ETC after 219,600 miles.

Now I have a 2001 ETC with 45,000 miles.

Where will my Third One Come From????

We have owned 5 Caddy's so far, and driven them over 500,000 miles.

An 89 Sedan DeVille, a 90 Seville (Couldn't find an Eldorado when I needed it), a 97 Sedan DeVille, a 98 ETC, and A 2001 ETC. If these two serve as well We'll have driven 800,000 on the 5 vehicles, and that doesn't include the 180,000 that someone else drove them before we purchased them.

#12 ·
You guys are on the right track with this concept that I hear is supposed to come out in 2009. Call it THE ELDORADO with an upscale package "The Biarritz". I'd like to see a longer trunk. Take a good look at the 67-70 . little more trunk little less fastback. Have lots of Metal parts and few if any plastic parts. autoclose trunk would be nice and any other things Cadillac owners have enjoyed. I hope someone at Cadillac is listening.

Attachments

#13 ·
This morning I saw that concept car on Autoline Detroit. The host of the show thought this may be an upmarket XLR, that if produced will be powered by a new Cadillac V-12, not a Northstar, but a V-12 derived from a melding of 2 high tech V-6's according to the host the V-6 is thought to be General Motors most advanced engine made.

On the show with him was Popular Mechanics, Spy photographer, who indicated the mockup of that picture is absolutely stunning, he believes the price will be north of 100K. While I think the concept is market worthy a price point of $50k and V-6, and V-8 power is more on the money.

Stratospheric price, is the hallmark of Mercedes Benz, and others Cadillac cannot touch as a 1 effort creation. It will take reputation, and exclusivity to approach those ranks, like the XLR-V. I think Cadillac should devote development to shore-up the line with a mid-range coupe to re-place the Eldorado, and possibly an HHR based entry level SUV the latter should be a dual fuel or hydrid available model.

#15 ·
I too would like to see the return of the Eldo, I know they would never use the name Eldorado again because of all the new monikers... I would settle for "ETC".

Sadly, I don't think it will ever happen... as stated before the XLR is their coupe and I don't see them making more than one coupe... I don't think many or any manufactures make more than one coupe, besides maybe Porsche.

Too bad. I would be the first in line for a new ETC.

#18 ·
lacmang said:
You guys are on the right track with this concept that I hear is supposed to come out in 2009. Call it THE ELDORADO with an upscale package "The Biarritz". I'd like to see a longer trunk. Take a good look at the 67-70 . little more trunk little less fastback. Have lots of Metal parts and few if any plastic parts. autoclose trunk would be nice and any other things Cadillac owners have enjoyed. I hope someone at Cadillac is listening.
The model was said to be taken into production by Lutz. His 75% scale Sixteen... It would perfectly fit the Eldorado as the Flagship of Cadillac. Back to glory I would say!

I think the T in ETC will vanish then, if in this naming concept. I think it could still be called Eldorado. Just like Escalade will not be abbreviated.

#21 ·
Please bring the Eldo Back! It would burst my bubble if it looks like a relative of the CTS. The XLR was suppose to take the place of the Eldorado? F-THAT! I'll take an Eldorado over an XLR anyday!

#23 ·
I was very upset myself that the Eldorado had been scrapped for the current line that replaced it. I have a 93' touring coupe now with the 1st gen computer and it is awsome. I also owned a 01' with the 3rd gen computer and noticed a big difference in the computers. The 3rd gen computer didn't have near the pickup or torque of the 1st gen. and I felt with each new gen. they were slowy deteriorating the quality of the Eldarado. So I started to look at other types of cars too but, decided to restore my 93' instead. I'll buy my wife a BWM some other brand when it's time for another new vehicle.

#26 ·
yeah!!!!!!! bring back the Eldorado name-plate.and build a DOHC V12 stuffed under the hood with classic 67 Eldorado tail-fins,and classic styling with hide-away headlights.that's what Cadillac should build.The XLR is a Corvette with Cadillac inspired design and NorthStar power.the Eldorado outlasted the Lincoln Mark VIII,Toronado,and Riviera.It was still a desired car.I'm with you all,Cadillac should bring back the Eldorado.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.