Coupe de Ville return! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Coupe de Ville return! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; That looks good, but can you imagine a retro 70 coupe or 80's coupe?...
    LaneWvr is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8

Re: Coupe de Ville return!

That looks good, but can you imagine a retro 70 coupe or 80's coupe?

mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO
    hey you guys, heres a "dtc" i photoshopped, i woulda done a black one but i couldnt find a good high res image also, sorry for the size 56k users, but quality suffers at lower sizes

what do you guys think?
    WOW!

You have a real talent.

That is the DTC i would buy. I think many coupe deville owners would, and those who are looking for something to replace their now aged Eldos.

C'mon GM make it make it make it

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Very nice job and an interesting idea, but I'd give it a wider rear-roof side panel ("C" pillar, I think it's called), and smaller rear quarter windows.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

^^ Cool photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by caddydaddy
    Coupes don't sell (unless they're sports cars)! That's why there won't be another CDV or Eldorado
    3 series, 6 series, G35, RSX, XK, C series (CLK350, CLK500, CLS500, CL500, CL600.) They all sell well enough to manufacture.

I say Cadillac needs 2 coupes, a new ETC replacement based off the STS (of course with a V version) and a BLS based version, kind of like an entry level "tuner" type car with the 255hp 2.8 turbo.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

3 series, C series Mercedes, RSX, XK Jag, G35...

I think Cadillac needs a BLS coupe, kinda like our version of an RSX: entry level tuner type coupe, it would be great with the current 2.8 turbo 255hp V6, if there was a way to stick a 300hp or so northstar or 3.6 high feature bumped in power in there and call it a V, that would be cool.

Also an ETC replacement based on the 05 STS would be nice for the high end market. Complete with the 469hp V version. Oh, and don't forget convertables of both.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Wow, that looks good!

but 2 things... I don't see the market for it anymore...

and 2, because of the style of new cars (small fenders, small trunk, very small overhangs both front and rear) that photoshop looks very out of proportion.

While the '93 DeVille is overall small in my book, I have to say, it is a near 100% to scale in proportion to older 2 door luxury cars, I mean you can break the car into 3 sections fender/door/quarter panel, and all 3 of those sections are similar size.

the DeVille is now dead, so we can just forget about that.

I say leave the Coupe DeVille how it was, it was a great car when it left in 1993, though unrecognized by the masses, it'll be a classic soon. Here is a 1993 Coupe DeVille that will live on forever.... my baby:

Also, as far as I am concered, the last *real* Cadillac to be a 2 door was the 2002 Eldorado. REAL Cadillacs are not 3 random letters. The Eldorado has has styling cues that lived on for DECADES, not Cadillac styling cues, but Eldorado-only. 2 of these are the fact that the fenders are *taller* then the hood, and the doors are pillar less, it is a true Coupe design.

No 3 letters will ever mean what the Eldorado ment, I want an Eldorado pretty bad.... just to say I have a Cadillac Eldorado. IMO, "Coupe DeVille" and "Eldorado" are the 2 names that go unmistakably with Cadillac.

If I wasn't getting the Jeep as a next vehicle (I need a change) I would have an Eldorado. Hopefully in the up coming years I will be able to pick up a mint 1995 Eldo ETC, one day when I have my own house and the garage space, I want..... need one of those cars, I love the interior, I love the Northstar, that is true Cadillac in the 90's, before they became alphabet soup, and the cars were designed for a market that they were not marketed to.

one day I'll have it, that 1995 ETC is the top on the list of must have 90's Cadillacs. The only thing that would be above it would be a '93 Coupe DeVille.... but, well, I already own that.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Benson
    Very nice job and an interesting idea, but I'd give it a wider rear-roof side panel ("C" pillar, I think it's called), and smaller rear quarter windows.
    i saved the image, then went back and widened the c-pillar, but once i saved that everything started glitching up, and i uploaded it to photobucket and it wouldnt work so i just left this one

hey guys heres an updated DTC. widened rear pillar, bigger rims. and Night Wolf i even made it to where there no door seams on the roof and a-pillars. so its SUPPOSED to look like the door is inly attached to the glass along the bottom of the glass and not all around.

Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

i saved the image, then went back and widened the c-pillar, but once i saved that everything started glitching up, and i uploaded it to photobucket and it wouldnt work so i just left this one
    How about the removing that pillar at all. As I know the MB's CL-Class doesn't have it.

the c pillar? the rear roof support? that would be ass ugly and would NEVER be a deville
    i think you meant b pillar

front of car / | \ rear of car...pillars abc

DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

i would buy that. And the BLS would cool as a coupe. To bad we wont get it at all. Man a turbo 2.8 with a 6 speed in a car that small, damn! Coupe of that would be cool too....BLC(base level coupe..?)

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

that looks good. if i was rich and that car was available i'd definitely buy it.

DBA-One is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 DeVille

hey you guys, heres a "dtc" i photoshopped, i woulda done a black one but i couldnt find a good high res image also, sorry for the size 56k users, but quality suffers at lower sizes

what do you guys think?
    That is nice. I'd buy a large Caddy coupe. Tis picture need a longer wheel base though. Add 5"

DBA-One is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 DeVille

hey guys heres an updated DTC. widened rear pillar, bigger rims. and Night Wolf i even made it to where there no door seams on the roof and a-pillars. so its SUPPOSED to look like the door is inly attached to the glass along the bottom of the glass and not all around.

That looks even better. Just like the CTS, this design is color sensitive. I like this.

DoctorWEJ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Great photo job! I prefer not to have a CDV with the DTS body. It was good during the 90's and prior. My favorite was the triple white Liberty Edition. I am not sold on the rear of the 2006 because it looks like the rear of the 80's Monte Carlo. The above image of the proposed CDV looks like a new Monte Carlo.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.