Why is Holden exporting Chevy's and why don't we get them?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Why is Holden exporting Chevy's and why don't we get them? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; This is America. We like baseball, apple pie and Chevrolets. At least we used too. Baseball went on strike, and ...
    HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Why is Holden exporting Chevy's and why don't we get them?

This is America. We like baseball, apple pie and Chevrolets. At least we used too.

Baseball went on strike, and lost it's fans.

Apple pie was found to be too fattening (so we switched to Krispy Kremes?)

And Chevrolet, well, they don't make the cars we desire. Actually they do, they just choose not to sell them to Americans. Not a big enough market for American cars in America I guess.

But you could go to South Africa, Australia or Saudi Arabia and find good old Chevy's. So what gives? Do you guys really want us to buy Honda's and Toyota's? Are you still in the business of selling 'American' car's to 'Americans'?

Get your act together!! It ain't rocket science (well at least not the marketing part of your business).

http://www.gm.com/automotive/vehicle...rldwide_sites/

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: Why is Holden exporting Chevy's and why don't we get them?

They sell nicer Buicks in China.. Go figure...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

ben72227 is offline Banned

It's the same reason they don't sell the Cadillac BLS in the states. I mean, that would be a GREAT 3 series fighter - it looks a lot nicer than the current CTS, and it is small too, which would be good since GM doesn't (currently) have any nice small cars like BMW and the others do. Cadillac could really compete with BMW and sell small luxury cars like the BMW 1 series (not in the US yet, but next year) and go up to competing with the 7 series if they tried.

But you see HRS, as Bob Lutz said, GM makes cars for "American Tastes", which means it has a 4-gear automatic, it's FWD, and it's ugly as sh*t. (At least the cars that normal people can afford, i.e. Cavalier, Sunfire, Aztek)

SurferTom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 DTS

I agree that GM Australia makes some nice cars. They made an updated version of the Caprice that was a nice car. The SS had 340HP rear wheel drive, independent suspension and all the goodies. They could have sold many of these cars in the USA instead they come out with a wimpy V6 Impala SS. The US gets the hand me downs.

http://www.gmarabia.com/content_data...caprice_ss.htm

Cadence is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You mean, the "Wimpala", right? At least that's what some state troopers call them....

Politics run in everything I guess. But Bob Lutz hamstrung the STS, by giving it the jelly bean effect . Same with the GTO. A nice sized rock to the noggin would do Mr. Lutz some good I suppose.

I'll continue to hold out hope for the STS and the GTO to get some geniune makeovers, so that they can reclaim the agressive look that many fans have learned to adore over the years.

And finally, I hope some of the tuners will get ahold of the STS-V and awaken the true beast within. Just because it came form the factory as it is, it doesn't mean it can't be improved on. Just ask BMW and Mercedes.

semiauto is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Why do the people in countries that wanna kill us get better cars than us?? Damn you GM!!!

chevyorange is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Why did you have to post this and remind me.

I think I'm going to be sick.

95Concours is offline Expired eMail Address

Unfortunately is just not GM, FORD does the same thing.. One prime example, the Ford Falcon sold in Australia and other countries... Really nice looking four door car, with several engines choices, one being a turbo inline 6 and another being a 5.4 V8, both have gobs & gobs of power... Ford gives us the tired outdated Crown Vic, the rest of the planet gets the Falcon... Theres a reason why GM & Ford are in a sales slump, they keep giving American's cars that they think we want.

http://www.ford.com.au/range/falcon/models/xr8sedan.asp

Cadence is offline Cadillac Owners Member

And that's the saddest part of this issue. Americans know what they like in a car. To have a company dictate to the customer what they should like in a car, is alot like having your mom telling you, you can't have that candy, it has too much sugar in it.

I don't even care for Ford products, and the only other car I could see myself driving, other than the Mark VIII, is the XR8. But I guess Ford is making the assumption that we have the Mustang, why would america need the XR8 Falcon?

GM has missed the boat on a number of new models. They try and hide other models that they don't want us in the USA to know about. Or they bring out models that most any sane person off the street would say UGH. (Aztek?)

They most likely use so-called focus groups to evaluate designs, but where do they get these people that must be far out in left or right field, and definitely not mainstreamers?

addison_ii is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sedan Deville

Ok I'm upset now. I knew that GM had other cars out there but a Caprice SS. GM needs a good a$$ whoopin'. They have all these nice cars everywhere else but we get the Sunfire, Cavalier, Grand AM, what in the hell is going on at GM? I say they need to put the crack pipe down and bring some of those cars here. Geez and Ford is doing the same thing. Until they wise up and actually use that 8lb organ in their head they'll continue to see declining market shares.

I've written two letters to the GM CEO (once in 2001 and once in early 2005). I provided an unsolicited opinion as a long time GM customer I am very interested in buying a new Caprice SS based upon the Australian or Saudi version. Expressed the view that it would make a great car for the US market that was getting tired of SUVs, as it has performance, reasonable fuel economy, comfort, state of art independent suspension and amenities, rear wheel drive and 340hp 5.7.

I never received any reply to my first letter. In the second I received a curt verbal reply on my answering machine from Chev Cust Support Center (I don't think they are actually Gm employees) saying that nothing is planned and but thanks for asking. A follow-up call from me back to them was almost as unsatisfying. It was like talking to someone who had no connection with the company or customer as they had absolutely no interest in what I was asking.

And they wonder why GM is not doing well? I can tell you that any customer of mine who expresses an interest in a 30K product or service will get a personal reply and kept up to date on new developments. In my case I was sidelined as a pain in the axx.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Be glad that Chevy don't sell all the models in the US. They recently took over Daiwoo in Korea and now the tiny Daiwoos are sold as Chevy in Europe. I don't think you would care driving such a car in the US...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.