Why you change STS in 2005?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Why you change STS in 2005? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; 2004 STS looks pretty good 2005 - bad...
    alex6999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Why you change STS in 2005?

2004 STS looks pretty good
    2005 - bad

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS, 2003 Escalade

Re: Why you change STS in 2005?

Was no STS in 2004- they only made the SLS, but that looked good too.

Unfortunately not many agree....

alex6999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hmm... maybe STS 2004 was only in Canada?
    for example
    http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...4&vlotid=84878

if this link not working go to www.autotrader.ca
    Cars->Search for Cars->Choose All of Ontario, Cadillac, STS, 2004-2004
    3 cars found with old style body.

Anyways, Cadillac loosing price very quickly and 5 year old car looks optimal and i have lots of time to change my 1999 STS to 2004 STS in 2008-2009.

mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

old style way better, u think we can convince GM to keep it? Nah thought not, but the STS "classic" would be something good, remember when they did it with the Range Rover?

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

I just test drove a 2005 STS last night.. It's really quite amazing.. It felt exactly like a 5-series BMW. While that's not exactly my cup of tea, the Germans don't have ANYTHING on Cadillac when it comes to suspension anymore...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Canada received an STS for 2004. The U.S. did not.

speedyman_2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS

I wish they would've made a RWD 98-04 Style Seville. I love the style so much better. I do like the new ones. But, I love my '98 more as far as styling.

Cadence is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Funny, I like the '94-'97 style myself, but, that didn't stop them from progressing with time. You know how GM does things. As soon as they get it right, they scrap it. The only real complaint I have with the current body, is it's non-agressive appearance. That is until the V-series came about. It still looks kind of bloated, but hey, got to leave some room for improvement, right?

SilverFleetwood85 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Cadillac Sedan Deville

New STS (2005) looks too much like the CTS (which does not even look much like a Cadillac anymore). The dash and interior of the 2005 STS look cheap when compared to the previous STS. The 98-04 Seville was superior in almost everyway to the one that replaced it (except being FWD).

KingMouse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 EXT 03 STS

Although the new STS is a great driving car and awd is the way to go, I have to agree with the body styling comment. The body line runing from front to rear goes too high towards the rear wheel well making the wheel itself look too small. Even with larger wheels the wheel well looks too small for the car. It borderlines the styling of a 'standard, company issue' car. Where's the love?

Swine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 escalade

I like the new one much better. Thought the old style Seville STS was looking a bit dated. I think the new "STS" is one sharp-looking auto

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

The '05 is such a MASSIVE improvement, I don't even know how this can be debated. Finally, it isn't just a firmer riding FWD Deville with blockier styling, and is actually a legitimate, RWD/AWD, V6/V8 luxury sports sedan that can hang with the best of them from any continent, and not just get laughed at--like the last one used to, in comparisons.

The '04 and before was a great car, but it didn't even come close to the level of the '05+. If you still can't get over it, go buy a new '06 DTS Performance package, which should be VERY much like an old Seville STS used to be, except in styling.

Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Canada received an STS for 2004. The U.S. did not.
    And Europe received too.

But doesn't it bother people that the new Seville and the CTS (cadillac's entry level car) look almost identical? As I said before the dash on the 05 has been really scaled down. What happened to the electroluminescent guages with the hide away digital speedometer?

Quote Originally Posted by caddycruiser
    The '05 is such a MASSIVE improvement, I don't even know how this can be debated. Finally, it isn't just a firmer riding FWD Deville with blockier styling, and is actually a legitimate, RWD/AWD, V6/V8 luxury sports sedan that can hang with the best of them from any continent, and not just get laughed at--like the last one used to, in comparisons.

The '04 and before was a great car, but it didn't even come close to the level of the '05+. If you still can't get over it, go buy a new '06 DTS Performance package, which should be VERY much like an old Seville STS used to be, except in styling.
    Actually I believe that the Seville came out first on the new chassis in 1998 then the Deville followed when it was redesigned in 2000.

The STS looks almost identical to the CTS, which is bad considering one is the top of the line and the other is an entry level sedan. The new STS also has plain looking instruments, where as the 04 had electroluminescent gauges with a cool little digital speedometer.

Actually the 98-04 Seville was not laughed at in car magazines, it won many awards for its interior's design and technology.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.