GM + Service. 2 wor(l)ds which don't come together
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, GM + Service. 2 wor(l)ds which don't come together in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi Guys, let me tell you a story from Switzerland: Last september, I bought a XLR. In Switzerland they charge ...
    gearup is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs down GM + Service. 2 wor(l)ds which don't come together

Hi Guys,
    let me tell you a story from Switzerland: Last september, I bought a XLR. In Switzerland they charge 140 thousand Swissfrancs, that's the equivalent of about $ 120000.00. Everything works fine. I listen to my favorite radio station, and whenever a traffic message comes up, another radio station jumps in and delivers the message. Great. And nothing new so far. But totally new to me is the fact, that it does not show up in the nav system. Do you agree, that most people use the nav system most of the time to circumnavigate traffic jams (usually you know your way)? This does not work in this luxury car! Before the XLR I had the Eldorado and I installed for $ 1500 a nav system, which did all this, including all the warnings, (even warned me from fix installed radar sites).
    After 1 month I have called my garage. They will have a look at it. In december I have called again. They will come up with a decision first week in January. Mid January I called again. They are studying the problem (oh, one answer was, I should drive in Germany, there it works !!!). 1st of March they called me again, there is a code, which must be unlocked....they are working on it. Still no solution.
    Now, almost half a year hast passed. No solution. No excuse. No sorry about. No nothing.
    This is the way, GM treats customers in Switzerland. I have never seen anything like this before. Although I must say, I never had such an expensive car before. Maybe on this level, this is the way it works. Mercedes slowly becomes a real alternative.
    How would you in the U.S. act on such a lousy service?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CaddyFan2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: GM + Service. 2 wor(l)ds which don't come together

Quote Originally Posted by gearup
    Hi Guys,
    let me tell you a story from Switzerland: Last september, I bought a XLR. In Switzerland they charge 140 thousand Swissfrancs, that's the equivalent of about $ 120000.00. Everything works fine. I listen to my favorite radio station, and whenever a traffic message comes up, another radio station jumps in and delivers the message. Great. And nothing new so far. But totally new to me is the fact, that it does not show up in the nav system. Do you agree, that most people use the nav system most of the time to circumnavigate traffic jams (usually you know your way)? This does not work in this luxury car! Before the XLR I had the Eldorado and I installed for $ 1500 a nav system, which did all this, including all the warnings, (even warned me from fix installed radar sites).
    After 1 month I have called my garage. They will have a look at it. In december I have called again. They will come up with a decision first week in January. Mid January I called again. They are studying the problem (oh, one answer was, I should drive in Germany, there it works !!!). 1st of March they called me again, there is a code, which must be unlocked....they are working on it. Still no solution.
    Now, almost half a year hast passed. No solution. No excuse. No sorry about. No nothing.
    This is the way, GM treats customers in Switzerland. I have never seen anything like this before. Although I must say, I never had such an expensive car before. Maybe on this level, this is the way it works. Mercedes slowly becomes a real alternative.
    How would you in the U.S. act on such a lousy service?
    I've never seen a NAV function like that on any car in the US. I think Acura announced something similar to that, using the XM Radio, but it's not in production yet as far as I know.

gearup is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: GM + Service. 2 wor(l)ds which don't come together

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyFan2004
    I've never seen a NAV function like that on any car in the US. I think Acura announced something similar to that, using the XM Radio, but it's not in production yet as far as I know.
    I don't know about that. But in Europe, this is standard. Without that, nobody would use it. But anyway, as I said, it works the way it should in Germany, France etc., but not in Switzerland. They just forgot to unlock that one country. And that I fight now for half a year without even getting a reply from GM Europe is truly unbelievable.
    I had Caddies now for the last 20 years. But now, I'm about "ripe" to switch. No answer means no service. If I don't want Service, I do not need to spend that much money. I can get no Service for much less.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.