make the sts-v a player
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, make the sts-v a player in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; BMW M5-500 hp; SL55 AMG-500 hp. If the STS-V is to be perceived a genuine player in the luxury sedan ...
    troll is offline Cadillac Owners Member

make the sts-v a player

BMW M5-500 hp; SL55 AMG-500 hp. If the STS-V is to be perceived a genuine player in the luxury sedan market, it must be outfitted with a sufficiently powerful engine to at least seem to match the real players. What about it, Caddy men?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CaddyFan2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: make the sts-v a player

SL55 = $122,000, 500 HP

M5 = $85,000 est, 500 HP

STSV = $65,000 est, 450 HP

Looks like a player to me...

troll is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I run 420 hp, 6 speed manual, on a '02 special edition Pontiac F body. My brother's SL 55 AMG did not take long to whup me, and my auto is not as heavy as a STS. Then, there is the "well, how much hp does your car have" question to be countered.
    What is the problem with Cadilllac not wanting to best the German engineers? That probably sum up the issue: settling for 2d best.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Post Re: make the sts-v a player

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyFan2004
    SL55 = $122,000, 500 HP

M5 = $85,000 est, 500 HP

STSV = $65,000 est, 450 HP

Looks like a player to me...
    I agree.

Plus (not to make excuses), this is the first generation of V series products and they're already excellent! They're gaining on some, equaling others, and surpassing most of the competition (at a very fast rate). Just wait until the V12's hit the road!!!

I've heard rumors of V10 versions of the V12! Which might fit into future STS-V's. :coolgleam

berkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The STS and STS-V compete with the BMW 5 series, BMW 7 series, Mercedes-Benz E class, and the Mercedes-Benz S class.

The closest competitor to the STS-V is the aluminum Jaguar XJR.

The E55 AMG doesn't have a chassis to match its engine. The same can be said for the rest of the AMG lineup except for the C55, CLK55, and the SLK55.

That said, the Cadillac CTS-V should get the LS2 and not the supercharged Northstar V-8 because it would add weight and cost to the CTS-V. There is a much bigger aftermarket for the LS6 and LS2 than the Northstar V-8. A bigger percentage of enthusiasts modify the M3 than the M5.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.