Wheel Hop, How much would you pay? Here is the LETTER - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Wheel Hop, How much would you pay? Here is the LETTER in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Thanks Derek. Just put a stamp and mailed mine to U. I come from a place that a hand shake ...
    Avejoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Wheel Hop, How much would you pay? Here is the LETTER

Thanks Derek. Just put a stamp and mailed mine to U.

I come from a place that a hand shake means something special. !
    I'm glad my CTS-V was made here. I would hope the people at GM read the writing on the wall and will deal with the problem honorably.
    I own a business myself, and when I make a mistake, I own up to it and I eat it.
    Streching the truth is aloud for fun, not profit. U at GM, what's up with the #s, Don't give them, if they can't be done ! Or give the #s and say, but I swear to God you got to hit that sucker just right, and elbow me !!!!!!

Groo-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Letter on it's way....after some minor changes. Alot of things duplicate in the first in second paragraph. I appreciate you coordinating this. Let's hope it does some good.

homer403 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Opp's I did it again..... on the letter, DELETE THE SECOND PARAGRAPH!!!!!!

So much for my cut and paste!!! Too much :drinker beer I guess.

Derek

needs to be on the front page of the forum !!!

This is our biggest problem as owners, lets keep it up front and make it count !!!

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

Front page news.

V owners rock the factory... news at 11:00

Xylar is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just sent my letter out to ya......

M5eatr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Black Raven Auto CTS-V

My letter is also in the mail to you and GM.

In the mail to ya.

I got an email back yesterday from Cheryl Zerbe at Cadillac. Here is the email she sent me.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center to bring your concerns to our attention. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing with your 2004 CTS-V, as I understand that vehicle concerns can be incredibly frustrating.

I would like to review your Vehicle Identification Number to determine that your vehicle is or is not included in any recalls at this time.

I welcome your comments and thank you for taking the time to write to us. Vehicle concerns are of great concern to us, and we would like the opportunity to address your concerns and assist you further if needed. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to discuss your concerns via telephone and gain some additional information.

Since you have not provided us with a telephone number where we may reach you, please contact the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center at: 1-800-458-8006. Customer Relationship Managers are available and can assist with your concerns 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You may also contact me direct at: 1-866-932-4368 extension: 38483. My hours available are: Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 3:30pm EST.

I have created a computer request with the information you have provided and have documented your concerns in our system. Your request number is 1-XXXXXXXXX. Please provide this service request number when contacting the assistance center.

Providing your request number in all correspondence will be greatly appreciated and will aid us in expediting a timely response.

Again, thank you for contacting Cadillac.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Zerbe
    Customer Relationship Manager
    Cadillac Customer Assistance Center

Just thought I would let you guys knwo what is going on.

Groo-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DgtalPimp
    I got an email back yesterday from Cheryl Zerbe at Cadillac. Here is the email she sent me.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center to bring your concerns to our attention. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing with your 2004 CTS-V, as I understand that vehicle concerns can be incredibly frustrating.

I would like to review your Vehicle Identification Number to determine that your vehicle is or is not included in any recalls at this time.

I welcome your comments and thank you for taking the time to write to us. Vehicle concerns are of great concern to us, and we would like the opportunity to address your concerns and assist you further if needed. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to discuss your concerns via telephone and gain some additional information.

Since you have not provided us with a telephone number where we may reach you, please contact the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center at: 1-800-458-8006. Customer Relationship Managers are available and can assist with your concerns 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You may also contact me direct at: 1-866-932-4368 extension: 38483. My hours available are: Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 3:30pm EST.

I have created a computer request with the information you have provided and have documented your concerns in our system. Your request number is 1-XXXXXXXXX. Please provide this service request number when contacting the assistance center.

Providing your request number in all correspondence will be greatly appreciated and will aid us in expediting a timely response.

Again, thank you for contacting Cadillac.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Zerbe
    Customer Relationship Manager
    Cadillac Customer Assistance Center

Just thought I would let you guys knwo what is going on.
    Let us know if you talk to them.....

On the recall point she made in her e-mail, it would be nice if recalls and "Service Bulletins" were publicly available somewhere. I have to believe there's at least a service bulletin out on this.

TCSisOFF is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Whats more? You guys might think that this an issue prevalent in the V only.
    You should see the laundry list off crap wrong with my non-V CTS.
    And if you think any of you have it bad, I ended buying one with 1,500 miles on it that was a repo. That means I get an aftermarket warranty that is even harder to deal with.
    Travis

Joey'sVee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Did anything ever come out of y'all mailing these letters? Any updates?

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

What is wheel hop?

nukeduster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I've had wheel hop just driving a manual 3.6 CTS... One thing that will help in your battle is to mention the words "wheel hop is unsafe".

If you are experiencing wheel hop going into a turn, it is causing the car to become unbalanced and can cause you to lose control of the vehicle if you are in certain conditons.

Honestly, your best option is going to involve a lawyer drafting a letter, and potentially a class action. GM is too tight-belted right now for money to worry about people being "upset" over something that hasn't as of yet upset sales of the vehicle. People still love the V, and people are still buying it. Unless the status-quo changes, it'll take a lawyer to have GM officially admit that the problem even exists, let alone them designing a fix for it. Sad but true.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.