You ruined the Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, You ruined the Deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I just saw pictures of the 2006 DTS presidential limo. Congradulations, you destroyed the Deville. The front end looks like ...
    CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

You ruined the Deville

I just saw pictures of the 2006 DTS presidential limo. Congradulations, you destroyed the Deville. The front end looks like the remnants of an Escalade vs XLR wreck. I'm so disappointed I'm at a loss for words really. I'm glad you didn't defile the Deville name by putting it on that car.

I am very fond of the back though. Very classy and Deville like.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

berkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: You ruined the Deville

Yeah,

Why does't it use the rwd Sigma chassis?

thiamgo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs down Re: You ruined the Deville

Fully agree. The car looks like it's been designed by Soviet Polit Bureau. Don't like the rear end either. It resembles the last K-car derived Chrysler New Yorkers from the late 80's .

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Post Re: You ruined the Deville

I'm holding final judgment until I see a "regular" DTS, in person. It has been know for years that the new DTS would remain FWD, and not based upon the SIGMA platform. They only have so much money to spend, the ULS will be the large high end Cadillac to compete with the S and 7 series type cars. The DTS will cater to it's current market, people who purchase the DTS wont mind the FWD, it's a great setup for year round driving.

bobbythebuilder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'll also hold judgement, the limo is some sort of mock-up. I wonder which RWD chassis they used, may have been a truck chassis, considering the size. Using the truck set-up would make sense for emergency use, like driving over curbs, etc.

As far as FWD vs RWD, my parents have owned 5 DeVilles in a row, going back to '94. They are the prototypical DeVille buyer. While Cadillac is moving younger, they still have to take care of their bread and butter crowd. Here in Wisconsin, FWD with trac control, ABS, etc. makes for a perfect 4 season car. Since Caddy has all of these new RWD cars, they've gotta leave at least one FWD for the many, many buyers who love it.

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Smile Re: You ruined the Deville

THE Deville isn't necessarily ruined, maybe A Deville was ruined. But hey, it's for the President, and the looks of the presidential limo aren't nearly as high a priority as SURVIVABILITY. It sure would be interesting to see what the inside looks like though. We get XM, the Pres gets UHF/VHF/SATCOMM!

alex6999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by thiamgo
    Fully agree. The car looks like it's been designed by Soviet Polit Bureau. Don't like the rear end either. It resembles the last K-car derived Chrysler New Yorkers from the late 80's .
    Russian magazine "Behind the steering wheel" wrote in Jan 2005
    "New Bush's limo Cadillac DTS look like ZIL or Chaika(gull)"

more small pictures here:
    http://www.os1.ru/article/test/2003_...2_02-16_47_42/
    http://www.whatodo.ru/csn/03-2000/exploit/exploit.htm

94CaddyConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR

Thumbs down Re: You ruined the Deville

Look more like a hearse.

cadibrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 SEDAN DEVILLE

I hated the 06 abc or xyz or yeah the DTS (DEVILLE TOURING SEDAN?) But after looking at it for a while online and from a distance i noticed it was a DEVILLE. like when your driving on the freeway and you see a 96-99 deville coming on the other lane then you see it up close and mistake it for a 00-05 deville.
    and i am starting to like it. i cant wait till oct and i will go and test drive it. the sts and cts are to small for me i need a deville. if i buy one i will have the DTS insignia removed and have deville and d'elegance insignia installed. i wonder how it will drive.

I like the land yacht ride not too firm for traction or control or to soft.. thats why i get devilles or possiblt DTS because their ride is exeptional soft and bouncy and firm when needed.
    the 06 is not THAT ugly.

mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

i totally agree, that vehicle is awful, my wwife has the 2004 model, i was thinking of replacement in 2006. i think we'll be keeping the 04! the front looks way too thin for my liking, the current model is way better

GreenMachine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

The presidential limo is way differant than the actual one, the pillars are thicker to hold the glass and the front end/winshield looks differant. The actual one looks like the previous deville only with the new edgy style. Still debateing if I like it or not, better or worse, over the older one. Right now it seems like your just paying for 1HP differance and a new body style. Wonder what this one will get in crash tests, some cadillacs didn't do so well because of airbag sensor problems (recalled) and something to do with the way the body holds up to a crash.

Specifications (Not Final):
    Engine Type:
    Northstar 4.6L V8 (FWD)

Horsepower/Torque:
    275 hp at 5,200 rpm / 292 lb-ft at 4,400 rpm
    291 hp at 5,600 rpm / 286 lb-ft at 4,400 rpm

Transmission:
    Hydra-Matic 4T80-E 4-speed automatic, eletronically controlled with overdrive

mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

It is growing on me. I still dont like those front headlamps. Too much like the new STS.

ben72227 is offline Banned

The grill is a BIT too much IMHO, I liked the old one better, and the rear end - with those Monte Carlo taillights. I'll get used to it though, and it looks good in red

2002silverbullet sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i kinda thought the deville was heading to be light that..but my biggest question is why the tail lights on the new sts is like the deville? isnt that important? keeping the semi same looks on each cars

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

STS and CTS are entirely new cars. The only thing the STS shares with the Seville is a trim level name.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.