Where is quality? The trust is lost
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Where is quality? The trust is lost in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Where is quality? The trust is lost. I buy Cadillac and must spend a lot of time on service. My ...
    Stanislav is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs down Where is quality? The trust is lost

Where is quality? The trust is lost. I buy Cadillac and must spend a lot of time on service. My point of view that Cadillac loses quality and clients. Earlier in 1950 year,it was Cadillac . Not without reason Elvis Presley had 100 and drove ONLY Cadillacs. Time goes and Cadillac becomes worse .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Wagoneer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Where is quality? The trust is lost

Engineering and quality control have both made huge strides since the 50's but so has the complexity of automobiles. Especially ones with cutting-edge technology. Cars like the SRX are so complex that there are always some issues with the newest models. Believe me, from what I've read the European brands are actually suffering from this problem much worse over the past couple years. Most Japanese cars and entry-level American cars are built with older, more simple technology and are correspondingly more reliable. But they just aren't as cool.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav
    Where is quality? The trust is lost. I buy Cadillac and must spend a lot of time on service. My point of view that Cadillac loses quality and clients. Earlier in 1950 year,it was Cadillac . Not without reason Elvis Presley had 100 and drove ONLY Cadillacs. Time goes and Cadillac becomes worse .
    Aren't you the one who modified a whole bunch of things?? What EXACTLY went wrong quality wise on your SRX?

Cadillac is second ONLY to Lexus for quality according to JD Power!

I LOVE GM cars.I have driving only GM cars since 1991. And I may say that my Chevy Suburban 1994 6.5 turbo diesel (200.000 km/124.274ml) doesn`t need repair.With Caddy STS 1995 no problem,with STS 2001 problems with interior panels, engine(on warranty)... . And now problems with SRX. In Moscow SRX costs: base V8 69000$, LuxPerf 74000$. I buy it and must spend time on service. I can`t leave it on service and go home,because masters do not have new knowledges about have to repair new cars. I may say that I know more than they. Maybe it happen because of export vehicles much worse.I think that there are two lanes ONE for IMPORT and enother for EXPORT. You Know that in Russia We don`t have Navigation, TirePressure Monitor, inside mirror without compass, w/o AM/FM stereo/cassette, with in-dash 6-disc CD player(U2S), steering w/o Variable assist power, speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion, rigid suspension. ALL IT COSTS w/o main functions $69000 and more. For what I don`t know.When I was buying SRX dealer said that my car was equipped with all those functions. But now The dealer centre have closed because of monetary frauds.

tiranga008 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dude.. u gotta buy local... maybe a Lada? ..

kidding... I hope your issues get resolved soon..

Tiranga..

I hope!

Jmale is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sounds like a Lemon law candidate..If they have such a thing in your neck of the woods.

Just curious what was your build date and where was your car built??

inline6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

I have to believe many of the problems with your SRX are dealer (service center) related. If they were shut down due to fraud, I would bet they charged Cadillac for work on your car that was not done both as new car prep and warranty. Hopefully there is another Cadillac or GM service center you can go to and get the SRX's issues resolved.

I am going to write a letter to GM in Russia. Maybe something will turn out. When I shall receive the answer, I shall share with information.

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

Any idea as to how many SRXes are in Russia?

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Hey Stanislav,

Forgive my inquisitive American curiosity, but, what do you do in Russia? From what I gather, you have at least 6 cars/trucks.

My stupidity tells me that times are tough in Russia, yet you seem to be quite well off.

If (and you would be correct) you think it's none of my business, please feel free to tell me to get lost----no harm done.

Hope you resolve all your SRX troubles, because it would be a shame not to enjoy this terrific vehicle as I am.

da_thrilla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V6 SRX4 - All options minus UV+; 08 DI CTS4 minus UV,Wood

Cool Re: Where is quality? The trust is lost

hmmm!, must be makin alot of money to own this many cars....way to go atleast he spends it on american vehicles...

CaddyFan2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by da_thrilla
    hmmm!, must be makin alot of money to own this many cars....way to go atleast he spends it on american vehicles...
    Lot of money in the oil business in Russia, I'm guessing that's it.

First:In Russia I live.
    Second: I prefer own only GM cars. And my next cars will be GMC Sierra 2500 CrewCab 6,6 Duramax TurboDiesel.
    Third: about radio in SRX. I now that code U2S is AM/FM stereo/cassette, with in-dash 6-disc CD player, and Radio Data System with speakers (http://www.gmarabia.com/action/rbCNB..._interior.html) and in my car this should stand. And how about Yours cars?

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

I think what we have here is "A Failure to Communicate"!

Or, he ain't talkin'.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.